Hammer M Controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer M Controller

Now that my problems are sorted this is quite a good controller. It has a load of options and the control is quite smooth. I have been playing around with settings.

I haven't been to worried by the fact you can't easily change the settings when racing, as far as I have worked out you can change while driving you need to press the button a few times to increase or decrease a setting. My other controller is a slot.it and while I have changed settings whilst racing I don't usually do this - I try to get the setup right during practice.

IF you are looking for an electronic controller then this one is worth a look

cheers
    DM

on my Hammer, I have a slight delay when power is turned on to the track. does yours do that ? for example in the start of the race, i hold the trigger down and when the power is sent to the track my slot.it or parma controllers will launch the car instantly. but the Hammer seems to have a .5-1.0 second delay.

Comment

Jeremy
      I have an original version-(rubber covered handle) and that is what mine does(.5-1.0 second delay.)

Comment

Save mode.

You have the controller in safe mode. If you take it out of this mode the delay will not be there. Caution, out of safe mode if you hook up wrong you could damage the controller if hooked up incorrectly. If there is no possibility of that happening like with the XLR Plug then it is worth turning off this protection.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
          You have the controller in safe mode. If you take it out of this mode the delay will not be there. Caution, out of safe mode if you hook up wrong you could damage the controller if hooked up incorrectly. If there is no possibility of that happening like with the XLR Plug then it is worth turning off this protection.
          DOH ! as soon as i turn off safe mode, i am sure that i will wind up hooking it up wrong

Comment

I took the controller out of safe mode and I still get a delay when the power is turned on. maybe .5 to 1 second delay. is there any other way to eliminate that ? maybe a jumper or something ?

Comment

I will ask Avant Slot I have never run out of Safe Mode.

I will check with Avant Slot, but not as far as I know (jumper). Interesting you mention a Slot.it because I believe they also have a delay, but not a resistor type controller.

So you experience a 1 second delay after everyone else's cars go, I will test here but that seems like a lot, on my track that would relate to about an 8 foot jump.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

No delay on my slot.it controller. I often get a hole shot against straight resistor controllers (PM, etc). It's no faster, but certainly no slower. The only time there's a delay is on the high amp cart with certain levels of anti-spin depending on the motor in use, but that's not related to power up.

Comment

I will check with Avant Slot, but not as far as I know (jumper). Interesting you mention a Slot.it because I believe they also have a delay, but not a resistor type controller.

So you experience a 1 second delay after everyone else's cars go, I will test here but that seems like a lot, on my track that would relate to about an 8 foot jump.

i will film it tonight with a slot.it , hammer and a professor motor so we can see it with 3 similar cars.

Comment

Anybody know of any vendor in the U.S. who has these in stock?

Comment

In stock at www.132slotcar.us

We have them in stock in the Retail Store at www.132slotcar.us

Happy Holidays
                      Alan Smith
                      SCI Owner.
                      www.scaleracing.com
                      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

any update on this ?

Comment

Sorry for not replying to this Jeremy

I haven't noticed any delay with my controller and I have used it on tracks which have relays to turn the power on and off.

cheers
                          David

Comment

Sorry I was waiting for your video.

I have spoken with Avant Slot, plus tested here, not seen the same issue as you.

Can you supply any other info, power supply etc.
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Talking with Avant Slot

Yes there is a delay on the Hammer XL but not on the Hammer M.
                              At least they have not noticed this either.

I am happy to get your controller back for service we stand behind everything we sell.
                              Alan Smith
                              SCI Owner.
                              www.scaleracing.com
                              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
                              X