avant slot - Rally cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avant slot - Rally cars

are their ralley cars 4x4 ? i see the new peugeot pair are . is the lancer and wrx ?

jer

ooopps , shoulda` put this in the correct thread ! my bad !

Moved to correct forum....

...and yes they are 4x4. They use a rubber band to drive the front wheels with the motor in an anglewinder configuration.

Comment

The front axle is also overdriven meaning that the pulley on the front axle is smaller than the rear. This results in the car wanting to straighten out when it starts sliding.
      The result of all that is that they feel more manageable and I can drift them better than my other 4x4s.

Mike

Comment

sorry for the incorrect placement . and , thanks for the info . think a pair will be my next purchase . i`ve found a mitsubishi and subaru at a great price . my track is well suited for this type of vehicle .

again , thanks , jer

Comment

I have two Subarus and find them rather neat cars.
          They both required a bit of set-up but all worked out well.
          I did add Slot It tires (Zero Grips on the front and P6 on the rear) and aluminum wheels.
          Definitely give one a try.

Comment

two on the way . thanks to electric dreams for them bein` in stock and available . also , thanks for the great price .

jer

Comment

Great cars. You just gotta set them up =). But they look at good at they run !
              Which ones did you get?

Comment

"mitz" advan , red/black #4 , and the "sub" test car . will address decals on arrival . thinkin` a patron livery . likely #2 .

elaborate on set-up . multiple elevation changes here , scaley sport . slot.it p6`s work as do yellow dogs . excited to get my hands on 4x4`s as they seem just right for my track .

jer

Comment

For the most part, take them all apart and blue print the chassis.
                  Then install the set screws making sure not to tweak the chassis. On those cars you have ride height and "guide droop" (arm). You will def need a height gauge and a good setup block.

Comment

thanks ever so much for the heads-up . i will start from scratch when they arrive .

jer

Comment

Pay particular attention to the rear axle mount and ride height. Both of my cars needed work in that area to eliminate binding.

Comment

^ yes - this is true.

Comment

The 4wd is worth persevering with especially on technical tracks. The great advantage is in the corners: braking and accelerating.
                          Braking is much later with 4wd.
                          The rear wheels can be set to an immediate punch acceleration out of the corner while the front wheels can be set to a faster top speed latter in the straight.
                          I have found 4wd is faster for the car in the lane, though I have not managed this overall, not even close!

good luck

Comment

they arrived and are warming as i type . (-20 f here) first time i`ve seen their box . (had two lmps , and they , for several reasons just didn`t work-out here) so , off to the basement to play ! thanks electric dreams . these cars were originally listed at $69.99 but ed had them at $44.95 . what a deal . first car purchase of the new year , even if they were ordered dec. 30 .

jer

so , off with a body ! what rpm/torque for the pink long can ? anyone ? only the wheels make me cringe . all the rest is top notch components . like that the two use exactly the same gutts under the body !

oh , they seriously haul *** right out of the box . so far no bindin` , one rear axle was not level .

what do you think about switchin` the pulleys `round ?
                            Last edited by Jerry LaGesse; 01-06-2014, 05:14 PM.

Comment

You definitely want the smaller pulley in front to get the front wheels pulling the car through the turns. It will bind up the other way, though you could run the same size front and back. The pink motor is called the Hercules and here are the specs from the SCN Motor List:

Avant Slot Hercules "pink" (FC-130) [21,892 RPM/12v] 27,000 RPM/14.8v, 6 gr. mag.
                              Last edited by PeteN95; 01-08-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X