Kremer Porsche

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kremer Porsche

I just bought the STP Kremer Porsche and I am very impressed with this slot car. It looks great and this chassis is much better than what I found on the Peugeot LMP. After lowering the front by adjusting the stub axle heights and switching to the spare set of tires it ran some very good laps on my wood track. I may just get the Mirage next month.

Have one of these in my stable too --but still in the box. However, it looks like several of my club members have a hankering to run World Sports Cars in a future series. Basically, picking up in 1993 after the last Peugeot Group C (3.5 litre) win -- these open-top 962's, along with the Ferrari 333SP were mainstays of LeMans -- and then go up to the 24 Hour winning BMW LMP and you have a bunch of cars to run.

Thanks for sharing --and I'm gonna get mine out of the box!!

Steve

Comment

I've always thought stub axles were kind of Mickey Mouse, but those look to be well designed and set up.

Comment

Paul
        The Avant stubs work very well indeed, they are engineered not mickey mouse so +ve camber or neutral or -ve camber make your own choice to suit driving style. Not sure which camber to put on the bushes though.........

Comment

Camber

I realized right away that it is possible to set the camber with these stub axles and on an oval it might help. Right now I tried to keep the axles parallel to the track surface.

Comment

No camber...

Have you tried replacement with a solid axle??

Steve

Comment

No, the car behaves perfectly well with the stub axles.

Comment

More camber is always better!

Comment

The Milliken camber car! Do you know that the car, a regular Goodwood FOS guest, was driven by its designer, William Milliken, aged 100? Yes, he's the guy at the wheel.
                  I had the pleasure of seeing the couple going up the Goodwood hill.
                  Mr. Milliken passed away in 2012, aged 101.

Wikipedia entry for William F. Milliken

Comment

Thanks for the info, Mauricio, very interesting!

Comment

One final note. About the only place on this car where they opted for cheaper parts is the rear bushings. They are nylon and the axle was very sloppy causing wheel hop coming out of the corners. I did a temporary fix using CA glue at the axle bushing contact point achieving the needed tightness. But knowing that it wouldn't hold up to the torque of the motor I ordered a set of slotting plus bronze bushings. After installing the bronze bushings the car glides out of the corners with no wheel hop making it easier to drive and capable of some very fast laps.

I guess the money budgeted for this project ran out and they had to go with the cheaper nylon bushings.

Comment

The existence of the Flyslot Kremer Porsche CK5 has recently come to my attention and I am wondering if that body would fit on the Avant Slot Kremer chassis. If I get hold of the CK5 I will report on it's compatibility.

Comment

Working...
                        X