Revo axle bushing question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revo axle bushing question

Has anyone exchanged their Revo Porsche axle bushings from 3mm to fit 3/32 axles? What did you use?

Bruce

We sell 3/32" ball bearings so you can convert.

If you need to convert to 3/32" axle we have the parts available.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Hi Bruce,
      Scaleauto part sc-1329, 3/32 x 6mm ball bearings. I got mine through Alan. We have an open class that we can run one car with modifications. You can use slot.it gears, axle, and SA foam tires.
      For my other 4 cars I have kept stock and enjoy even more as they are so close and fun to drive.
      A box stock car Revo runs around 7 seconds on my track. A blueprinted stock car run around 6.3-6.4 and modified 5.8-5.9. Track record is 5.6. ~Ron

Comment

thanks for the replies. I'd like to switch mine over to see if there is much improvement.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce

Thinking that the improvement, if there is one, would be in the change of tires. Ron's car runs very nice on the SA sponge/foam tires, then again, on a wood track most cars would, lol.

Comment

Thanks, Glen. I think I have the tires under control. Although if I'm switching to 3/32, I'll have many options. :^)

Bruce

Comment

Hi Glen! Bruce you'll have a lot of options either way. Having the 3/32 bearing allows you (currently) a lot more gearing options and you can run the S/A foams and lots of different rubber tires. It will be smoother and a lot more quieter.
              I will say that the stock 30 tires when trued and treated run very competitive times. They also make air tires and foams that need to be trued but will make the car faster and quieter using the existing 3mm axle. I'm in the process of doing tires testing with the Revo tires. Sadly, my broke hip has limited building and testing. It's difficult sitting or standing for long and my free time is now physical therapy 2 hours a day but I'm making progress. ~Ron

Comment

Thanks Ron, I ordered the new bushing. Lets see what happens. I'm hoping they will get the Revo proxy off the ground.

Bruce

Comment

I am also, a stock and modified class would be great. I'm hoping Alan gets a free minute to answer.~Ron

Comment

the car does run better after the putting in the new bearings. boy that was a disaster. The Scaleauto axles were too big. I damaged one of the bearings trying to force it on. Luckily I think I got it back together. I had to use my own axle. Kind bummer but I think it will be ok?? I'll be testing it out tonight.

Bruce

Comment

Hi Bruce,
                      I used slot.it axle and spur gear. I've ruined a bearing before with stuck axles on BRM cars so I test fit it and if it feels tight I sand it down using fine sandpaper. Are you using Foam tires? Interested in how it works on Carrera track. While I do have one car modified I'm trying to find a good solution for the stock car using the 3mm axle. They are noisy cars and the spur gear is part of the problem but I think the stock low profile tires add to it. I've been testing some tires and you should try Paul Gage Air urethane. It seems to work well on my wood track and calms down the noise. I also feel the 2 part metal chassis rattle adds to the noise. I found something last night that seems promising. It's quieter but need to test that it runs competitive times. ~Ron

Comment

I run slot.it foam tyres on my Revoslot - took it for a run on a mate's track on the weekend - I was doing 5.5sec laps - as a guide the Scalextric BTCC cars were doing 6.3secs both non magnets
                        The Revo hooked up really well - it was a lot of fun to drive.
                        Last edited by dangermouse; 04-11-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I'm running Super Tires on mine. It screaming on my Carrera Digital track. It's the fast car so far.

Bruce

Comment

I thought the purpose of a ball bearing bushing was for the axle to fit tight in the bearing and it’s the ball bearing race that’s supposed to turn freely, not the axle inside the bearing. Having the axle spin freely inside the bearing is just the same as using a solid bushing.
                            Am I missing something or not understanding how a ball bearing bushing is supposed to work? Let me know.

Comment

I think you got it but it was so tight that the bearing nearly popped out of the center. Luckily I was able to save it. If I hadn't gone with the other axle, I never would have been able to use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X