BRM Trans Am questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRM Trans Am questions

How many of you own and race the BRM Trans Am cars?
    Do you run the stock tires or other compounds?
    Analog or digital?

I know of 4 in the Cincinnati area. They are testing new tires. Theirs are all set up for Carrera Digital.

Bruce

Currently running analog, with stock tires on mostly plastic tracks in the NJ Metro area. I own 3, there's about 6 - 8 other cars in our group that I'm aware of. We're awaiting Quick Slicks, looking forward to it.

Comment

We have 4 of the original models locally. We've IROC'd them using the tires they came with on local MDF tracks similar to what was in Tacoma for the 24 hour race they came from.

They hook up like demons!

Comment

The urethane Super Tires we've tested so far are insanely fast. We just recently got our hands on a few pair of the silicone tires. OMG, it's like the movie Back to the Future. lol

Bruce

Comment

I have a Mustang with locally produced urethanes. Best lap time on a rather tight-ish technical track (not the ideal track for the bigger cars) is 6.876 seconds. For comparison purposes: this is similar to a reasonably well prepared Slot.it McLaren F1GTR. Surprisingly fast for such a big car. It is about 2/10ths slower than my fastest 1/24 car on this track (BRM Porsche 917 with metal chassis) and 1/10th slower than my BRM McLaren F1GTR. Pretty impressive I thought.

Alwyn

Comment

the teasing!! stop it!

I need one of these, unfortunately my slot car budget is almost non-existent these days.

But that will change. Eventually.

Scott (This doesn't keep me from spending $5 or $10 at a time... Don't tell my wife.)

Comment

Is there a urethane Super Tire for this class yet?

Comment

hang in there just a bit longer. I have samples. If interested call me.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by kidvoltage View Post
                  We have 4 of the original models locally. We've IROC'd them using the tires they came with on local MDF tracks similar to what was in Tacoma for the 24 hour race they came from.

They hook up like demons!
                  We've also run them with the stock rubber on our MDF tracks with very enjoyable results as well.

Comment

We just received a new order of silicone and urethane tires for the BRM T/A cars.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                    X