BRM Camaro Carrara digital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRM Camaro Carrara digital

OK... first dumb question... I put the chip and my car goes backward. Can I switch the motor leads? I've got red BRM wire to purple + chip wire and red to red, black to black to the brushes.

Comment

Red and black input wires are right. Output is purple + goes to motor black. Grey - output goes to motor red. Hope that helps.

Comment

Yeah, just swap the wires. This can happen when chipping any car with any digital chip. This is why I always test a car before putting the body back on.

Comment

Thank you both. It seemed like the logical thing to do but wasn't sure. I had a small window of time last night & didn't quite get there but I'll get it this weekend.

Comment

Another couple shots... interior detail is really nice.

Comment

Your car looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
                Your car looks good!
                Thank you! and I can finally say... it drives good too. Swapped the motor leads and all was good. In general, a very simple car to chip since it doesn't have lights and plenty of room work with. A very different driving experience. I was going to make a video but was having too much fun just turning laps.

Second dumb question. I'm guessing it doesn't have magnets? I didn't really think about it but I don't recall seeing anything under the hood resembling such... I liked it... you have to pay more attention that with a typical 124 Carrera car which keeps me interested and I assume that's a lack of magnetic downforce.
                Last edited by DRW-FJ40; 05-29-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

there is a place for a magnet but mine didn't have one either. if you have other BRM's that magnet should fit or you can get one from me. :^)

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
                    there is a place for a magnet but mine didn't have one either. if you have other BRM's that magnet should fit or you can get one from me. :^)

Bruce
                    I don't feel that I need one. You drive a bit slower but it's more realistic.

Comment

No mag is the future or was it the past, hmm, it's how I like it! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X