Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which to take: the blue or the orange pill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which to take: the blue or the orange pill?

What gear setup is working best for you? The 36T or the 34T? What pinion are you matching it up with?

RickyBobby #26

Hi RickyBobby #26!

One of the advantages to distribute our Slot Cars in Fast Assembly Kit mode, is that we had the possibility to supply it with different types of braids (thicker and thinner) and different types of transmission (2 pinions and 2 crown gears).

We think that no tracks are the same. So, in order to obtain the best possible performances, the Racer can use a different type of transmission for any different type of track.

This is the variuos solutions you can use:
    Pinion 8T -> Crown 36T blue = 24,000 rpm motor -> 5,333 rpm wheels
    Pinion 8T -> Crown 34T orange = 24,000 rpm motor -> 5,647 rpm wheels
    Pinion 9T -> Crown 36T blue = 24,000 rpm motor -> 6,000 rpm wheels
    Pinion 9T -> Crown 34T orange = 24,000 rpm motor -> 6,352 rpm wheels

This means:
    With Tracks with short straights and many turns, you can use shorter transmissions, in order to have more acceleration
    With Tracks with long straights and few turns, you can use longer transmissions, in oreder to have more speed

Further Suggestion to increase your Car performance
    When you have tuned your BRM car, try to make a long run (from 16 to 24 hours) with 2 or 3 volts of power supply, obviously you have to lubrificate Pinion/Crown contact point and Bearings/Axles contact points before starting and make sure that rear wheels doesn't touch the Tracks at any time.
    After this operation:
    - your motor will have a best acceleration
    - frictions between all contact points will be reduced
    - your car will run much better
    - transmission noise will be almost absent
    TRY AND LET ME KNOW!!!

I hope my explainations (and English...) are clear...
    Let me know your impressions and enjoy yourself with our fantastic Slot Cars!!!

Francesco

Comment

Great American (English)

Francesco, American English is really a mess to learn, but you are doing a great job with it. Many of us are tickled with your choice of cars to start out with. My favorite cars are Ferrari, specifically the 275P and the Ferrari 512S Coda Lunga. I suppose even the Fiat and Alfa Romeo are even great cars as they too are very different and work well with long hours on the track. Even the Fiat 850 Spider was a special car to me when I was a child living in Sicily, as it was a small sports car and made well enough to handle the very demanding narrow and winding roads. Open racing was something I was not a part of back then or even interested in. I love the cars as they all are different and all beautiful. I've never seen an ugly Ferrari yet. Thank you for making some great Porsche racing equipment and I hope to see some Ferrari cars sometime in the future. One thing about racing slot cars is tha there is no language needed to communicate with each other. hand someone a car and a controller and smile. the cars do all the talking you need. Lindsey

Comment

Blue/orange...

I say one is not enough, half dozen is a great start!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
          Hi RickyBobby #26!

One of the advantages to distribute our Slot Cars in Fast Assembly Kit mode, is that we had the possibility to supply it with different types of braids (thicker and thinner) and different types of transmission (2 pinions and 2 crown gears).

We think that no tracks are the same. So, in order to obtain the best possible performances, the Racer can use a different type of transmission for any different type of track.

This is the variuos solutions you can use:
          Pinion 8T -> Crown 36T blue = 24,000 rpm motor -> 5,333 rpm wheels
          Pinion 8T -> Crown 34T orange = 24,000 rpm motor -> 5,647 rpm wheels
          Pinion 9T -> Crown 36T blue = 24,000 rpm motor -> 6,000 rpm wheels
          Pinion 9T -> Crown 34T orange = 24,000 rpm motor -> 6,352 rpm wheels

This means:
          With Tracks with short straights and many turns, you can use shorter transmissions, in order to have more acceleration
          With Tracks with long straights and few turns, you can use longer transmissions, in oreder to have more speed

Further Suggestion to increase your Car performance
          When you have tuned your BRM car, try to make a long run (from 16 to 24 hours) with 2 or 3 volts of power supply, obviously you have to lubrificate Pinion/Crown contact point and Bearings/Axles contact points before starting and make sure that rear wheels doesn't touch the Tracks at any time.
          After this operation:
          - your motor will have a best acceleration
          - frictions between all contact points will be reduced
          - your car will run much better
          - transmission noise will be almost absent
          TRY AND LET ME KNOW!!!

I hope my explainations (and English...) are clear...
          Let me know your impressions and enjoy yourself with our fantastic Slot Cars!!!

Francesco
          Francesco,
          I was going to try this on my brand new Advan but I have a visibly bent rear rim. My car sounds like an SCX because of it.. Are spare rear rims available yet?

Comment

Yes the rims are available seperately.

BRuce

Comment

Working...
            X