Thoughts after assembling first BRM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you ope the box all will be revealed

These cars are fully decorated the box lid acts as the protection for the Sponsors.

I hope that helps.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I'm sure people will ask this question another dozen times in the next month or so.

Comment

I tried to clarify as best I can

The cars are Not Pepsi, Flour, Friend and Lowenbrau.

Come on guys work with me Not Pepsi =

Flour =

Friend =

These cars can not advertise the names implied above, but they are uncovered inside the box.

Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

My first thoughts are.....

These cars are very well made and fun to race. The quality of the parts and the tampo of the body is of Racer standards. Everything screws together with precision and the tolerances are Slot.it tight in the drivetrain.
          The only improvements I could see is the guide is a little high which could be fixed with two flat washers on the guide post to lower it even whith the front wheels. And on NINCO track, the guide flag is a little too thick.
          I can see how these cars would be a blast to race side to side if you had the room.
          Good job BRM.
          Looking forward to the series.

SS

Comment

Hi George.

I am well aware that the guide could use shims to set at the correct height.

I am trying to encourage BRM to produce this part, however we are able to race them "STOCK" without shimming, just set the braid low.

With regard to width of the guide this is more a Track issue with NINCO track liner closing up at the track joints. We were able to flex the liner and get consistent running on our BRM NINCO demo Track.

Lance at Sling Shot is bringing in Stock of the BRM cars soon I hope the locals will support him and his BRM Series and BRM Challenge.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...6&d=1207778619

Alan Smith
            SCI Owner.
            www.scaleracing.com
            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
              I am well aware that the guide could use shims to set at the correct height.

Lance at Sling Shot is bringing in Stock of the BRM cars soon I hope the locals will support him and his BRM Series and BRM Challenge.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...6&d=1207778619

Not ment as a criticism Alan. Even the best no magnet cars need several improvements to run well. My BRM only needed two. Just a 2 cent flat washer makes it all better. I can handle those kind costs. I know it's not "legal" for the series, but you might want to consider the washer fix because you'll have less "offs" to damage the cars. I would hate to have my BRM T-Boned. I just wanted to have a fix for the time that I run at Sling Shots.
              Lance will do well with the BRM's. Several of the SSR LL boys will support his regional races and buy the cars. I have my eye on the Miller IMSA as my second BRM.
              Thanks for bringing the BRM's to the States.

SS
              Last edited by SouthernSlotter; 05-17-2008, 03:49 PM.

Comment

They race fine without shims.

As Mike Hailwood (a great man ) once said the throttle works both ways.

If you are coming out slow down a little. It will be the same for all so totally fair and equal.

I have been running and racing these cars for over a year now, you can get them to race fine without shimming the guide we race them like that every week.

I am sure you guys will figure out how to handle them just fine, heck a NINCO cup car could use some lead, but we race them fine without.

Hope to see you in Chicago for the Finals. Oct 16th - 19th.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSloter View Post
                  Not ment as a criticism Alan. Even the best no magnet cars need several improvements to run well. My BRM only needed two. Just a 2 cent flat washer makes it all better. I can handle those kind costs. I know it's not "legal" for the series, but you might want to consider the washer fix because you'll have less "offs" to damage the cars. I would hate to have my BRM T-Boned. I just wanted to have a fix for the time that I run at Sling Shots.
                  Lance will do well with the BRM's. Several of the SSR LL boys will support his regional races and buy the cars. I have my eye on the Miller IMSA as my second BRM.
                  Thanks for bringing the BRM's to the States.

SS

i agree. i did manage to crash my latest BRM Porsche due to not using a spacer in the guide flag, to lower it properly into the slot. Damaging a $150 slot car made me feel sick......so back into the box it goes......to become a shelf queen.

Comment

"Damaging a $150 slot car made me feel sick......so back into the box it goes......to become a shelf queen."

not a criticism.....merely a curiousity...........why make a shelf queen of a damaged car?

Comment

well, the Miller car is just sooooo pretty, i will glue to broken part back on, and i have one car from the first series which will be my car to race.

Comment

Working...
                      X