Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antenna ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Antenna ?

    Hi,
    I just finished assembling the Momo Porsche.
    It seems to have a little hole above the windshield that could hold an antenna.
    I looked up the pictures that are posted in the gallery as well as the ones on the box, all 6 962C as well as the IMSA are pictured with antennas but not on the group photo that shows the 6 cars on the track.
    So I looked up the pictures I took before removing the body from the box, no antenna.

    The Lowenbrau IMSA doesn't even seem to have an antenna mount on the body, is pictured without one on the box but shows an antenna on the pictures from BRM

    Just wondering...

    Thanks,
    Volker

  • #2
    We just put the White Kenwood together and there is a hole in it's roof but no antenna. These cars look WOW better then any photo. This car will be my Car as my son is getting the yellow FROMA

    Can anyone tell me what FROMA is?

    Comment


    • #3
      You are being received loud and clear.

      The Kits do not come with an Antenna, although it is shown on some photo's of the BRM cars.

      I have used a piece of fishing line to replicate this item, or you can buy the antenna from BRM. Part # is S-006 4 in a pack for $4.99.

      Hope this helps some.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

      1-253-255-1807

      Comment


      • #4
        I thought FromA was a window treatment in Japan.

        Hence the backwards writing on one side of the car, but not sure.

        Anyone know for certain?
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

        1-253-255-1807

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Austin View Post
          We just put the White Kenwood together and there is a hole in it's roof but no antenna. These cars look WOW better then any photo. This car will be my Car as my son is getting the yellow FROMA

          Can anyone tell me what FROMA is?
          From what I can tell From A is a Japanese lifestyle magazine.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
            Hence the backwards writing on one side of the car, but not sure.

            Anyone know for certain?
            If it was backwards, wouldn't it read AmorF ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
              The Kits do not come with an Antenna, although it is shown on some photo's of the BRM cars.

              I have used a piece of fishing line to replicate this item, or you can buy the antenna from BRM. Part # is S-006 4 in a pack for $4.99.

              Hope this helps some.
              Thanks for the explanation Alan !
              I just found it curious that even all cars are shown with antenna but some don't even have the mount for it, not to speak the pictures from the originals aren't uniform either.

              Comment


              • #8
                Cars shown are usually pre production.

                So hand made with extra detail added.

                By backwards writing on FromA I meant Mirror writing on one side.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.slotcarillustrated.com
                www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                www.132slotcar.us

                1-253-255-1807

                Comment

                Working...
                X