Two questions about the FromA kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions about the FromA kit

1). Is the kit supposed to come with an antenna?
    2.) If so, what the heck did I do with mine?

Reegs,

From what I understand, none of the kits come with antennas despite BRM pics to the contrary. If you have any antennas left from a 1/32 car, they work well. Also, I use silk suture material to make antennas......these will not break off. Black monofilament fishing line works well too.

If you want some silk suture material, PM me with your address and I will send some to you. Hope this helps.

KIITS,
    Lawrence

Comment

Look up for an Aerial Display.

The Antenna is an available extra.

But it is not supplied with the kits.

See the BRM price list at www.scaleracing.com part # is S-006.

Now off to Italy.

Please remember to take the BRM Challenge. http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=21008

Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

The antennae are easy enough to make with a piece of piano wire and a little "black" epoxy.

Here is an example.

A black insect pin as used for collections of butterflies and the like will also work just peachy.
        Last edited by MG Brown; 07-09-2008, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Good idea Mick

But I prefer either the BRM antenna or fishing line, piano wire scraping down my track sounds painful.

Remember to take the BRM Challenge.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=21008
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

$1.25 per antenna ??? I'm pretty sure even in Italy they declared street robbery a crime...

Comment

That explains why I couldn't find it. I thought maybe I threw it out.
              I used a piece of black wire. Looks fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Volker View Post
                $1.25 per antenna ??? I'm pretty sure even in Italy they declared street robbery a crime...
                Get used to prices of imported goods rising due to skyrocketing transportation costs.

Business Week said that this might be a blessing in disguise by bringing more manufacturing back to North America.

Comment

Sure thing, no argument here. I just hope nobody takes the automobile industry as an example for the good of "Made in U.S.A".
                  But serious, 8 antennas for the same price as a T-027 motor ?! That seems off, one way or the other.

Comment

There are a lot of weird pricing things going on out there at the moment.

I was recently surprised to learn that the trade in value for a perfectly servicable 2 year old Dell computer was a whopping $8.

Comment

Working...
                    X