New Cars just arrived from BRM!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cars just arrived from BRM!!!

The BRM025 Porsche 917 Martini and BRM027 Porsche 917 white kit arrived in at the Warehouse.

BRM027 White Kit $114.99

BRM Martini $169.99

New packaging on the Built cars!!!
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Alan what foam rear should I order with my 917.

Will you be at I Hobby this year?

Comment

BRM tires and iHobby.

First I will not be at iHobby, I am spending the money on Events such as the Oct 10-12th Race Wear in Glen Burnie MD.

I tried to work with some people to put on an Event like Slotlandia but was not able to pull it off, so decided to invest in my own Events which in a small way promote the Hobby in Stores that I feel we need for growth.

I will keep working on the Events idea as I firmly believe we need this and local Stores to keep the Hobby going, and growing.

Regarding tires for the BRM 917 I am sold out right now on the BRM tires S-057S, and BRM could not supply them with the shipment that just arrived. More will be coming in with the next shipment, but not till mid October if I have to guess a time.

We also use Scaleauto sponge tires on the BRM 917 cars, although I prefer the BRM tire as the inserts from the stock wheels fit easily without modification.

The Scaleauto tire/wheel is : SC-2414, similar size tire ( a little smaller ) and if you drill out the center of the BRM insert you can fit it into this rim, I believe I also had to trim the outer lip on the insert, so not ideal.

A bit more grip with the Scaleauto tires, but personally I feel the BRM Porsche 917 should not be as hooked up as the Porsche 962 / Toyota and with the Scaleauto tires it is. In fact here it is faster, even with a slower motor.

I like the 917's on the soft rubber tires, you have to drive them a little more but 917's were a handful in real life right!!

Sorry we are out of the BRM wheel/tire they will be back but not for a while.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan,
        I would like to take the opportunity to personally thank you. I am sure an event such as iHobby would certainly be something that would give you much wider exposure and accessibility to a much larger audience, not to mention much more financially lucrative than your planned trip to our little corner of the world at Racewear. I, however do agree, that events such as your trip to Racewear are an essential part of growing our hobby.
        So once again, I look forward to our weekend of racing with all the anticipation of a kid at Christmas!!
        See YOU at the races.
        John

Comment

hint...hint...if you can get a bunch of the Porsche 917 white kits to The Race Place, they will sell out very, very quickly.....

Comment

Did the Kyalami car come in as well? I see it has a price now but noted as pre-order expected in Sept. It's gorgeous looking:

Chris

Comment

Delivery delayed a little on this car.

We are expecting the next 917's to be released around November. The Shell plus 2 Special Edition Martini Cars.

In all there will be 4 Special Martini cars, Black, White, Red and Green. These are fantasy liveries, but look stunning.
              More as soon as I can, trying to get a few other projects finished off for the Weekend Event at LeMays.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan, might there be a Miller High Life 962 laying about your shop somewhere?
                Steve

Comment

I need to lay around my Shop.

Yes there is a Miller Car awaiting re-fit at the BRM Factory Workshop. Sadly I have been swamped, and it does not get better till after the Scaleracing National Final here Nov 1st - 2nd.

It is on the lift, body off, but right now I am going in a lot of different direction.
                  I have to go build the tracks for the Lemay Event this weekend.

Now let me lay under this bench for a while I need a nap.

1-253-255-1807 ( my alarm clock )
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Hey Alan, any word on this?

http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=5938

Comment

Cheers mate. Get yourself some rest.
                      Steve

Comment

Answers.

The BRM body was ordered, I hope to see in the next delivery, hopefully if you want one you have a pre/back order as I do gauge orders on requests.
                        Steve, I hope to get some rest, but not likely, off to run the Lemay Event today for Scalextric and Pioneer.

I will get your car off the repair rack asap Honest, but please remind me, as you know the memory is the second thing to go. Not sure what the first thing is, I think I forgot that!!!!

Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                          The BRM body was ordered, I hope to see in the next delivery, hopefully if you want one you have a pre/back order as I do gauge orders on requests.
                          I tried pre-ordering it but the site won't allow me to do so. I definitely want one so count me in for at least one!

Comment

Originally posted by Lou E View Post
                            I definitely want one so count me in for at least one!
                            I didn't try to pre-order but am in for one as well, maybe more. I keep thinking about a Rothmans or Newman or Blaupunkt or Nisseki.... Actually those "or"'s should be "and"'s.

So many liveries, so little money...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X