Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed BRM A/W Chassis for Porsche 962 ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Dinky, Dinky, Dinky...

    I have met your wife and she is not an Ol' lady. Huuuumm...I am going to save this post and if at anytime in the future I have reason to leverage you I can always forward it to your lovely wife and cause you some major grief.

    Remember that ScaleAuto you were going to pay me $50.00 to take off your hands? Price just went up to $100.00.

    OK...just kidding...I would never do that...or would I?

    Joseph

    Comment


    • #32
      I hope that the type of plastic used for this new chassis is the same as used on the Porsche 917, a vast improvement over the earlier chassis used in the Porsche 962s and the Toyotas. I only see this new a/w chassis as part of BRM's ongoing efforts to improve their product line, especially with racers in mind.

      the costs are no more than what a racer expects when they race on a regular basis, any type of car, any scale. Gears, wheels, tires, braids, motors, chassis, bodies, etc. Really looking forward ot picking up a few of these once released.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by dinky View Post
        ...What's the projected price ?
        Alan Smith indicated the projected price would be less than the current pricing of a raw inline chassis and gear (new chassis would come with anglewinder gears).

        Comment


        • #34
          changing chassis on 962

          Hi Glenn...is the general idea of the NJ Scale racers to allow the inline and angle winders to complete against each other in the same class? That will somewhat determine if I change over to the Angle Winder or stay inline.

          Also...when you guys get a full field of 917's are they going to replace one of the BRM races each month? Or are you going to allow 917's and the Toyotas and Porsches to run together but maybe score them separately within the same race?

          Just curious what to expect in those classes going forward now that I have recently jumped back in to the BRM Porsche/Toyota class.

          Thanks.

          Joseph

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by NJSLOT1_32 View Post
            Alan Smith indicated the projected price would be less than the current pricing of a raw inline chassis and gear (new chassis would come with anglewinder gears).

            So chassis = $20, gear = $4 ($8 for a pair). That's certainly reasonable. In a brief conversation, Alan mentioned that BRM really wants to get the chassis out and into the hands of the racers.

            I am looking forward to the retrofit.

            And the C9. And whatever is next after that...

            Chris

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ckouba View Post
              So chassis = $20, gear = $4 ($8 for a pair). That's certainly reasonable. In a brief conversation, Alan mentioned that BRM really wants to get the chassis out and into the hands of the racers.

              I am looking forward to the retrofit.

              And the C9. And whatever is next after that...

              Chris
              ...I'm guessing when estimating the cost, would be closer to use the price of a BRM anglewinder gear=$13.99.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by NJSLOT1_32 View Post
                ...I'm guessing when estimating the cost, would be closer to use the price of a BRM anglewinder gear=$13.99.
                Sometimes the obvious escapes me... Thanks for the redirect.

                Comment

                Working...
                X