BRM025R
    Porsche 917K - Winner 12 Hours of Sebring '71
    Special "Red" Edition 100 Worldwide
    BRM025W
    Porsche 917K - Winner 12 Hours of Sebring '71
    Special "White" Edition 100 Worldwide
    ALL AVAILABLE!!!
    to order NOW.
    Expected to arrive in North America by the end of November.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Pass the Vermouth ...

Woah! I don't know if this is a new philosophy, or a classic one, but those cars are stunning.

Comment

Those look great!!

When? How many?

Comment

These Special Edition Martini Cars are scheduled to land around Nov 28th.

The next BRM shipment should be here around Thanksgiving time, these cars are in that shipment.

There are 4 Special, only 100 of each were made, we will take around 1/3rd of the production for the North American Market.

The idea here was for Clubs to be able to get racing BRM cars without all running the same color car. Now we have Gulf, Team Austria, Martini silver, and these 4 colored Martini cars released into the N American market. Plus the white kit car, so racing now will not be all the same color cars

The Shell car is next but not expected now till late this year, or early 2014.

Then there is the Porsche angle-winder chassis kit, and after that the Mercedes C9. Busy times for BRM.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Oooooohh!

Sitting here looking at my home built #3 and my first gen BRM Gulf #2 and it occurs to me that the Martini livery would look pretty awesome over the Gulf blue.

Hmmm. Maybe I need a white kit and some Studio27 decals for Christmas....

Comment

I don't do 1/24,but that car looks incredible.

Comment

I have been on board with BRM since the very beginning of their production of the Porsche 962 series. Here in NJ we began racing them box stock on Carrera tracks, then adapted them to race on commercial tracks, all with great success. So I am grateful to BRM for their ongoing efforts to produce cars for collectors and make changes to the cars for improved racing performance. The BRM product line is unique in the slot car world here in the USA, especially for a plastic pan type of chassis.

The newly released Porsche 917s are getting a lot of track time here, and I expect our first race to start in early 2014. Right now we are experimenting with various chassis tuning ideas, gear ratios, rear tires. Once we get that all worked out we will rotate them into our schedule. We are also anticipating the new anglewinder chassis for the 962s. 2014 will be our best SCALE racing season yet. And it all started out with racing the BRM Porsche 962s, so there is no letting up of our enjoyment of racing and collecting BRM cars here in New Jersey!

And thanks to you Alan for all of your efforts in making this possible for us. Keep the cars and parts coming!

Comment

Just picked up the green 917 and its a beauty. Well done BRM. Looks good and goes like ess, aitch, one, dot, tee. perfect.

happy thanksgiving!

Comment

Black car looks great!

Wish I didn't need a pair of pliers to open the plastic egg crate though.

Cheers!
                  Paul

Comment

Staples are a pain, but I thought good packaging.

I agree the small staples are a pain to get out, but I like the packaging, what does everyone else think?
                    I also like the idea of 4 colors of the Martini car for Clubs to race, so now with these 4 plus the Silver Martini and the Gulf and Red Austria car and the Slotlandia car there are now 8 decorated versions of the 917.
                    Next is BRM026 which should ship right around Christmas. Then in Feb the Sauber Mercedes C9 car will be released with 2 decorations.
                    More news on those cars soon.

Happy Holidays.
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Minus the staples the packaging was perfect!!!

Cheers!
                      Paul

Comment

Did I Miss Something?

"Slotlandia car"? A 917? Did I miss something?

Other than the cars you mentioned above all I know of is the forthcoming Shell "Hippie" car.
                        (Don't forget my pre-order!)
                        Is that what you are referring to as the Slotlandia car? Or maybe the white kit? Or are you refering to the Mercedes?

I ordered a 917 body kit today from Scott and Alan and I have Studio 27 Martini decals on the way from StradaSports (No competition to 132slotcar or SCI advertisers.) to lay over the Gulf blue paint job it will get. If BRM can be "irreverent" with fantasy liveries then so can I!
                        I'm not sure what color to paint the wheel inserts, maybe one of the Martini blues or maybe the day-glo orange that is on the nose and rear spoilers. Hmmm...

I'll post pics when it's done, probably after the holidays.

And one more thing...

I agree agree wholeheartedly with SportBlazer and most of the others here on the BRM forum that BRM does a fantastic job of bringing us 1/24th scale model cars to play with. Sure they are not perfect but they don't deserve constant negative criticism. Alan has really helped me to understand how difficult it is to be a small manufacturer with a very small customer base and the difficulties of manufacturing "off shore".
                        Here in Arizona the AZGR tribe fully supports BRM, we race most of the cars, the 962, 88C and 917 to the BRM Challenge rules using only factory parts other than ScaleAuto and IndyGrip rear tires and that is only because we race once or twice every week and not everyone has time to prep the rubber tires.

Please join me in thanking BRM, Scaleracing and his crew at SCI and 132slotcar for the untold hours of fun they have given us and in wishing everyone Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year.

Dave Deuble

AriZona Garage Racing
                        Last edited by Dayble; 12-13-2013, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dayble View Post
                          "Slotlandia car"? A 917? Did I miss something?

I can't imagine you did but yes, stealth mode 917:

CK

Comment

I'm prepping this very car for a friend for our Tuesday brm races.

Comment

Not quite a "Gulf" Martini

Well it's not Gulf blue because the Tamiya TS-23 darn near matches the Martini blue stripes.

Comment

Working...
                              X