NJ SCALE Racing December 2013 race results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ SCALE Racing December 2013 race results

1) Robert Holt.......193 laps.........7.140101.......yellow......***fast lap time winner**
    2) Martin Dixon......193 laps.........7.249315.......blue.........
    3) Dave DeMott.....181 laps.........7.577684.......yellow......
    4) Paul Pearlman....180 laps.........7.468211.......green
    5) Glenn Orban......180 laps.........7.679491.......green
    6)Aaron Moore.......177 laps.........7.187410.......yellow
    7) Joseph Rosales...176 laps.........7.520171.......blue
    8) Timmy Mulholland.175 laps........7.578212.......black
    9) Mike Burke.........138 laps.........7.686680.......green
    10) Mario Baskin.......19 laps..........7.969303.......purple

The December race was our end of the year Holiday season race and party- thanks to all who brought food and snacks to eat. Many from the NJ Speedzone H&R racing group came and had a good time- glad Joseph brought you guys down for our party race. Many other friends came as well, a group from the C.A.R.S. Vintage Club, and my nephew Dave who is just getting back into slot cars after a nearly 20 year break.

Robert and Martin once again went at it right down to the end of the race- what a close finish! 3rd through 8th place racers were all very close, an overall close race. Mike had car troubles, and what happened to Mario ?

Dave DeMott raced with us for the first time since the 2012 Finals with a brand new car, and placed on the podium- now that's good racing! My usually fast Toyota was slow from the start, so I suspect that my motor is slowly dying out.... Joseph Rosales, after a 1 year break, has joined back in for the BRM fun- welcome back Joseph (and Dave) .

With the number of laps that 1st and 2nd got compared to the rest of the field, we will have to tech these cars next month with a complete tear down and microscope inspection, counting the number of winds on the armatures, check the motor timing, car weight, etc etc....
    Last edited by sportblazer350; 01-01-2014, 09:22 PM.

I love you Robert holt your my idol, hero, mentor, teacher, & a great motivational speaker. You inspire me to be my best in the worst of situations I must spread the good news of your magnificent works.on and off the track.Thank You sir!

Comment

Originally posted by dinky View Post
      I love you Robert holt your my idol, hero, mentor, teacher, & a great motivational speaker. You inspire me to be my best in the worst of situations I must spread the good news of your magnificent works.on and off the track.Thank You sir!
      Bah, Humbug!

Once again Dinky puts on a clinic on how to make things look close, when he could win walking away if he wanted to. Thanks for the gift, pull the trigger next time.

Comment

Holt for President

I too take much away from every race at which Mr. Holt is present. His humbleness and possum- like approach seems to have influenced Dinky and others in the "I got nothing for you today" racers...who always seem to be near the front when the checkered flag flies. I on the other hand...refuse to play possum.

See you all racing somewhere!

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by maxspeed View Post
          ..."I got nothing for you today" racers...who always seem to be near the front when the checkered flag flies.
          Correction: "I got nothing for you today" was originated by S. Barbose, Jr., aka "Kool Moe Dee's brother from another mother". ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. That phrase contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of that phrase is prohibited. No part of that phrase may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, posting on SCI, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from Mr. Barbose, Jr.

Comment

OMG...halarious...

OK...that was really, really, really funny.

Joseph

Comment

I love you too Robert......you inspire me everytime you lap me

Comment

Robert for President

Robert for President, Robert for President, Robert for President...

He would do better than the current Commander in Chief and he could make slot car racing the national sport!

Joseph

Comment

...by the way, what is the topic? " I don't recall".
                  Last edited by NJSLOT1_32; 01-04-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

whats the topic???

The topic is a race report with President Holt winning the race and then fielding the comments of his constituents with all the flair and calculated humility of a seasoned politician.

Thus my nomination for the big office.

Now...back to building and racing cars.

Joseph

Comment

BRM tuning...

I just finished tuning the new (old) BRM I bought from Mario Baskin(s) and I am looking forward to testing it at Speed Zone on Thursday night. Robert Holt gave me some of his speed secrets so, watch out Dinky!!!

We will be racing BRM 926's and Toyota 88c's as the 3rd race on January 25th at SZ. Red, Pink (Purple) motors.

Bring' em...race'em.

Joseph

Comment

TRP -8 lanes 2 laps per lane= 16 laps. I ain't got nothing for you man! You calling out the wrong dude. I didn't win the race anyway!

Comment

TRP -8 lanes 2 laps per lane= 16 laps. I ain't got nothing for you man! You calling out the wrong dude. I didn't win the race anyway!
                          Fully squeeze the trigger this time!

Comment

calling you out!!!

You are both sandbaggers!!! Crusing up front to a double digit win over 3rd place and 17 laps over me.

I am working on that ancient and first version of the BRM 926 and I am going to beat up on your sleek and fast Toyota and enjoy every minute of it. Robert and you come from the same mold...sandbagging possums! lol. You deserve to be tied up front.

Heck I may just have to buy me one of them thar Toyoties just to beat you and then sell it to someone in Florida who doesn't even know what a BRM is! Opps...I already did that once before.

Anyway...just having fun with you and el Presidente.

See you Thursday night for test/tune/race at Speed Zone?

Joseph

Comment

a few of us from NJ SCALE Racing should be at The Race Place on Thursday night, and will meet there with the C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club.

Comment

Working...
                              X