NJ SCALE Racing January race announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ SCALE Racing January race announcement

NJ SCALE Racing will have our next monthly race on Saturday December 20, 2014 at The Race Place, Rt 33, Farmingdale, NJ. On Saturdays the raceway opens at 10am, racing to start at 1:00pm. $10 pit pass, $5 race fee per race.

***June will be our first Porsche 917 class race!!***

On Saturdays we will have 4 races: BRM Group-C and Porsche 917s, Scaleauto, and Hardbody. 3 minute/heat Sprint races on the Red Lightning track in the second floor loft. The pix below are of The Red Lightning track at The Race Place.

Race is open to the public. We have racers from New Jersey, Pa, Md and New York states race with us. Some of our racers are 1/32 plasticar racers who are racing on a commercial track for the first time, while others are commercial track racers who are racing 1/24 SCALE cars for the first time. So if you have yet to experience these 1/24 SCALE cars, come on down and check out our monthly races. We know you will be hooked after your first time racing these cars with us. Our races are both FUN and competitive. We have been racing BRMs since they were first issued and Scaleautos since 2011, so we can get you and your new cars up and running at a competitive level from your first race.

Also- if you have any of the following types of 1/24 cars, bring them along for track time and a potential fun race: vintage 1960s-1970's era cars of all types, retro jaildoor, TSRF, BRM Megane, any other scale hardbody type of car built from a model kit.
    Last edited by sportblazer350; 01-24-2015, 06:00 AM.

I had to create a new thread to announce monthly races as the previous thread has issues....and I get a database error message every time I try to update the text.....

so here is our new thread for all things related to our monthly races

Comment

very quiet out there

It has been very quiet out there is posting land....hope all is well with everyone and each is being safe and warm in this crazy weather we have been having.

Trying to make the race on February 22nd with my rebuilt BRM...broken chassis is being replaced.

Hope to see a good crowd.

Joseph

Comment

race date is getting closer, hopefully the snow we have all been shoveling will be melted by race day

Comment

looking forward to racing with you guys...

I know of at least 4 guys that are coming with me to race with our friends at NJ Scale Racing tomorrow (Saturday 2-22-14). Hope to see a good turnout and have some fun racing.

I know at least Dave and I have BRM's...all have H&R.

Joseph

Comment

a great time

Had a great time racing BRM's and H&R hardbodies with you guys yesterday. My new Chevelle was OK...not that fast, but really fun to drive. The end results of the race only tell part of the story as several cars were on the same lap for the majority of the race. Good, close, competitive racing...and lot's of laughs.

Go Dave Demott for winning the H&R race with the Corvair!!!

Thanks.

Joseph
            Last edited by maxspeed; 02-23-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

my thanks to all who made the Feb race, as I was unable to attend and spending some family time with my son. And thanks to Robert Holt for the race reports, which are located in the Club Corner/NJ SCALE Racing forum.

Our next monthly race will be held on Saturday March 22 at The Race Place, Rt33, Farmingdale, NJ. The latest racing news is that we are getting really close to start racing BRM Porsche 917's: box stock with foam rubber rears allowed (BRM or Scaleauto) and lead weights allowed inside of the chassis. As of now there is no minimum car weight, that has yet to be determined. Wood track guides allowed, and any other BRM parts.

Comment

thanks glenn...

Glenn...hope to see you and some of the NJ Scale guys at Speed Zone on March 15th for our H&R hardbody race.

Had a blast racing the newest addition to my stable at The Race Place last weekend. A Chevelle...red of course. Was hoping to race against your Muscle Car as yours and Charlie's seem to be evenly matched.

Maybe in March?

Joseph

Comment

yes, my orange '70 Chevy Impala is ready to race, and is pretty evenly matched against Charlie's Chevy. And I know of yet another 60's Chevy about to make it's track debut......I can envision a Vintage Nascar Classics class someday.

Also working on a group of 1960's Can-Am car builds. Tamiya re-issued some of their slot car body kits and they are cheap online. Just need some free time and warmer weather to finish these projects. Mustang you say? I have a kit or 2 that I will eventually build- 1 for Trans-Am, 1 for Vintage Classics.

Comment

Can Am

Some of the Vintage CanAm cars would be really cool.

I am wondering what we could build that would be more modern and easily available? I know we are having a bit of trouble finding the IMSA bodies. When we have found them they are in the mid to high $20.00 range.

Joseph

Comment

easy: Can-Am 1pc hard body kits can be found on Ebay, made by Tamiya- re-issues of their 1960's issues. I have purchased many in the $18-$20 range. Or try E.J.'S Hobbies for nos Strombecker bodies. These will be a bit more costly.

the other easy option(s) for vintage era bodies are vintage Nascar and vintage classics: plenty of model kits available in hobby shops.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for your input.

Thinking about a modern GT class...something not vintage, really easy to acquire and a good handling class.

Joseph

Comment

and that is why we also race Scaleautos after the BRM Group-C class. I think this discussion would be better in the 1/24 forum so others can chime in as there are also lots of choices in modern era kits to choose from.

Comment

good idea

I will post this there later tonight.

Joseph

Comment

just curious

Wondering if there is still going to be a race at the Race Place on March 22nd. Have not seen any activity here about the race. Planning on making it up, but don't want to take the 1.5 hour drive up if racers are not going to show up.

Thanks for any replies.

Joseph

Comment

Working...
                              X