NJ SCALE Racing January race announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• race date for January

Hello Robert...have you heard back from Glenn on the date for the January race at TRP?

Joseph

Comment

• Joseph my dear friend, when it comes to racing slot cars I have nothing but love for anyone who races. We as men playing with toys is one thing that I enjoy, I'm patiently waiting for the the answer to your question also.i was offered a personal invitation to join a yahoo group as a new requirement in order to race with NJ scale racing in 2015. I AS A MAN FELT VERY UPSET AND DECLINED THE INVITE! To me it felt as if certian racers were being discriminated against, just because they questioned things that they didn't like. I can race with anyone at any time, but I won't be a part of a group that thinks that picking & choosing its racers just because they agree with you is ok. I think that if a man has a problem with someone or some thing they should be able to have freedom of speech to say what they feel. I've been racing for a while and always look forward to any race that I can make,it doesn't matter who else attends. In 1/1 racing guys have their disagreements every week. However the next race they all show up ready to race, to me nj scale racing is bigger than just 1 guy.& it's not the only group racing in NEW JERSEY SO STAY TUNED!
      Last edited by dinky; 01-02-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info...

Martin (Dinky),.I too hope we are all able to race together without any one person dictating who can and cannot participate. I have never seen anyone behave in a negative manner, or speak disrespectfully to another racer at one of the NJ Scale races. As long as people are respectful and positive they should be able to share their opinions.

Maybe if a race is going to be held in January at the Race Place we can have a drivers meeting and Glenn can share his plans for 2015 and get input from those in attendance. That would certainly be a good way to gather input and discuss the future of NJ Scale racing.

I am planning on being there if there is a race...however I cannot race on Saturday the 24th.

Hope to see everyone soon!

Joseph
        Last edited by maxspeed; 01-03-2015, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• just to clarify: there many different methods being used to communicate between NJ SCALE Racers: the forums here on SCI, direct e-mails, texts, and the Yahoo Group. The Yahoo group is our website with it's own message board, which is how most racers communicate within the race group. It is difficult and time consuming for me to try to remember just who only views texts, e-mails, uses the SCI forums, or the Yahoo Group. I asked all who race with us to join the Yahoo group in order to stay current with all racer communications within the group, and not be left out. All but 2 of our regular racers use the Yahoo Group, and not all read the SCI forums. Also found in the Yahoo Group are our rules for each class raced and links to various websites related to SCALE Racing.

I hope this clears up any confusion related to the Yahoo Group and it's purpose in NJ SCALE Racing.

Comment

• Thanks

That clears it up for me. I will sign up for the Yahoo group.

So...when Is the January race?

Joseph

Comment

• Request sent to yahoo group

Comment

• request sent to yahoo group

Glenn...per your suggestion I just sent a request to join the NJ Scale Yahoo group.

Joseph

Comment

• January race

What is the date for the race this month ? Glen where is the post. Has nj scale folded. Dan, paulie,Joseph you guys get your invites. Glen what's the big plans you said were coming for nj scale 2015. People are calling me left & right inquiring about the BIG PLANS you said were in store for the new year. Thousands view thread. What up! I have some people who seem interested in racing with nj scale, some say they can't find info on this or the scaleauto nj scale thread they were using to follow nj scale
                  Last edited by dinky; 01-15-2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Found it on here:
                    http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=84349

Comment

• excited to hear more from glenn

I have not yet received a response to my request to join the NJ Scale Yahoo group so am relying on posts here on SCI to inform me about the changes Glenn announced would be coming and would be posted here on SCI. Sounds like he has some great improvements to announce.

Looking forward to the race on the 24th at The Race Place. Got my inline BRM tuned up and ready to do battle with the anglewinders!

Joseph
                      Last edited by maxspeed; 01-15-2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Thx Lou

Comment

• Anytime! looking forward to race day!

Comment

• 1/24/15 race cancelled

today's race (1/24/15) is cancelled due to hazardous roads and will be rescheduled for Saturday 1/31/15 at The Race Place.

Comment

Working...
                            X