X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaleracing
    started a topic BRM Saubers are in.

BRM Saubers are in.

Well we got very few pre orders on these cars which was a huge concern for me.
    Now they are in and the BRM031 is sold out.
    BRM028 there is still a little stock but not much left.
    We will be bringing in more, but if you want these cars I recommend pre ordering so we can gauge interest.

Spare parts will be available soon, but not in this shipment.

• TransIssues
    replied
    Thanks Scott!

Cheers!
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• monquispot
    replied
    2411s were recommended for the Porsche 917 and the Porsche 917 wheel inserts did need the centers drilled to fit those wheels.

Leave a comment:

• TransIssues
    replied
    The SC-2411s were previously recommended for the BRMs, do they take the inserts too, or do you need to drill the center a bit?

Cheers!
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• monquispot
    replied
    SC-2426BRM

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    Depending on which rules you race with, it will be the same as the Porsche and Toyota foam tyre.

Leave a comment:

• Locura
    replied
    BRM SAUBERS....rear foam tyres

Which would be the correct Scaleauto foam rear tyres for the SAUBERS please.

Leave a comment:

• sportblazer350
    replied
    YES! awaiting my anglewinder kits for my Group-C Porsche 962s, now to get one of these babies too!

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    Yes sir there is:

Here

Leave a comment:

• sportblazer350
    replied
    is there an anglewinder chassis conversion kit for the Toyotas??

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    The Porsches and Toyotas originally shipped with inline chassis's. We are now switching/converting them to the Sidewinder chassis.

Leave a comment:

• 54to69Rfine
    replied
    "converted"

What do you mean by "converted" when speaking about these cars?? John.

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Seen this happen, as well as o rings.

A little rubberized Super glue and you can fix both these issues.

On a side note the cars we raced in Germany one of the wings came off so I took a wing from a spare car, whoops not all the magnets are glued the same way round. Like Gord is mentioning here the wings magnet repelled the car magnet. So yes make sure before you glue on a magnet if it comes off that it is the right way round.

There is not a lot you need to do to race prep these cars but I have strengthened the magnet mount, and the wing to upright joints, plus re-glued in chassis o rings. set gear mesh. Adjust front axle height taking care not to over tighten or you will break the chassis, or strip out the grub screws. Fit tires of your choice, the ones that come on the car are really for display only. The tires under the tray are Hard Compound Shore 30 so only ideally suited to NINCO or high grip tracks.

I would put a flat spot on the rear axle for the gear, also take care when fitting the gear not to push hard on the sides of the gear, as you can bend the gear this way. Do not over tighten the motor strap, just snug down. Do check the motor mount screws to the chassis where the can is held to the motor mount.

We have seen great racing with the converted Porsche cars here, no one raced a Mercedes at the last race, but I am sure they will come out next time along with converted Toyota entries.

Leave a comment:

• Geezer
    replied
    Originally posted by TransIssues View Post
    These cars are beautiful!

But a bummer when you take the wing off for the second time showing the wife how cool it is and the "body" magnut comes off with the wing and the wife catches your disappointment...

Cheers!
    Paul
    Yeah, mine came off too which was a little disappointing but no biggie, I just crazy glued it back in place, job done. Not...I glued it in the wrong way so that the spoiler was repelled away from the car instead of being attracted to it.

A little acetone and some patients and I was able to remove it and re-glue it in the right way but it was touch and go there for a bit. I almost pulled the wing in two with the force I had to exert to get the little bugger to let go.

Anyway, it’s all good now. For those that get one of these cars I doubt you will be disappointed, they are a big improvement in design over the in-line cars IMO. Just remember my cautionary tale above if your magnet falls off.

Make sure you re-glue it in the right way!

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    I have not had a problem with Gorilla Super Glue

Personally I used 3 spots of Rubbrrized Super Glue after cleaning the chasdis and black o ring. I have not had a lot of luck with the orange o rings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X