NJ SCALE Racing July race report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ SCALE Racing July race report

here are the results of the July race held at The Race Place, Farmingdale, NJ: BRM Group-C

1) Glenn Orban.........185 laps......7.360051.......blue lane...**fast lap time winner**
    2) Robert Holt...........177 laps......7.410430.......purple lane...
    3) Timmy Mulholland...174 laps.....7.628856.......blue lane........
    4) Jim Regan..............166 laps.....7.691160.......blue lane
    5) Mario Baskin...........165 laps.....7.691084......orange lane
    6) Luis Esteves............162 laps.....7.960877......black lane

again, welcome back Lou to racing BRMs with us after a few years away from 1/24 SCALE racing. I fully expect that once Lou catches up to how we have learned to tune the BRM Group-C cars that we will see him up in the podium. And Timmy has not been able to race with us for a while, and he comes back on fire with a podium finish.

And unusually missing was Martin Dixon..........the only way I will get a fastest lap time........Robert Holt raced an anglewinder chassis and did well for the first time on the track with no real race prep time. I did not race my anglewinder, as I was having issues with rear tires jammed into the wheel wells. Robert suggested I switch from BRM to Scaleauto rears, which have a slightly thinner hub width, and that worked, but I did not have the car ready for the start of the race. A bit more work and I will race the anglewinder chassis next month. I had the rear axle bushings set to give the lower to track chassis height, which will cause the rear wheels to bind in the wheel wells. Also I am experimenting with how to use spacers to adjust body to chassis fit, using the original screw on body without cutting back the screw posts and converting to O-rings body mounting. I removed the chassis O-rings, then slipped them over the ends of the body screw posts, and had to add a spacer to the rear post for a bit more room.

Our next race is August 23rd.

Originally posted by sportblazer350 View Post
    here are the results of the July race held at The Race Place, Farmingdale, NJ: BRM Group-C

1) Glenn Orban.........185 laps......7.360051.......blue lane...**fast lap time winner**
    2) Robert Holt...........177 laps......7.410430.......purple lane...
    3) Timmy Mulholland...174 laps.....7.628856.......blue lane........
    4) Jim Regan..............166 laps.....7.691160.......blue lane
    5) Mario Baskin...........165 laps.....7.691084......orange lane
    6) Luis Esteves............162 laps.....7.960877......black lane

again, welcome back Lou to racing BRMs with us after a few years away from 1/24 SCALE racing. I fully expect that once Lou catches up to how we have learned to tune the BRM Group-C cars that we will see him up in the podium. And Timmy has not been able to race with us for a while, and he comes back on fire with a podium finish.

And unusually missing was Martin Dixon..........the only way I will get a fastest lap time........Robert Holt raced an anglewinder chassis and did well for the first time on the track with no real race prep time. I did not race my anglewinder, as I was having issues with rear tires jammed into the wheel wells. Robert suggested I switch from BRM to Scaleauto rears, which have a slightly thinner hub width, and that worked, but I did not have the car ready for the start of the race. A bit more work and I will race the anglewinder chassis next month. I had the rear axle bushings set to give the lower to track chassis height, which will cause the rear wheels to bind in the wheel wells. Also I am experimenting with how to use spacers to adjust body to chassis fit, using the original screw on body without cutting back the screw posts and converting to O-rings body mounting. I removed the chassis O-rings, then slipped them over the ends of the body screw posts, and had to add a spacer to the rear post for a bit more room.

Our next race is August 23rd.

Comment

thanks for all of the pix Mario

Comment

Working...
      X