Sauber C-9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauber C-9

Hi guys, I've been away from the hobby for about a year but now I am back. I've just received my new Sauber C-9 and see a few things that differ from my other BRM's. I would like to know what you are all doing with that large white bushing, for lack of another word, that the phillips head screw goes into to mount the car to the cardboard base. If I remove it, and re-attach the interior with it's two screws, the interior rocks and just doesn't look or feel secure. Also, I can't seem to get my rear wing to line up correctly. It seems to want to align itself to one side or another. The magnet idea is brilliant and should save some time and money. And finally, should the rear bushings only be inverted for running foam tires? Have you tried them inverted with the stock rubber tires? Thanks for your help. Joe
    Last edited by slot.itfan; 08-21-2014, 12:15 PM.

'.....that large white bushing.....' Replace the white bushing thingy with the magnet strap.

'.....rear wing to line up correctly.' Make sure it's set in place correctly. There are two thin slots cut into the base of the wing uprights. They align with the edges of the magnet carrier on the car body.

Can't help you with the axle bushing question.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Originally posted by monquispot View Post
      '.....that large white bushing.....' Replace the white bushing thingy with the magnet strap.

'.....rear wing to line up correctly.' Make sure it's set in place correctly. There are two thin slots cut into the base of the wing uprights. They align with the edges of the magnet carrier on the car body.

Can't help you with the axle bushing question.
      OK, I was able to get the wing mounted correctly but only after having to re-glue the magnet. Thank you

I'll install the magnet strap. Thanks

Joe

Comment

Sorry to hear about the rear wing magnet alignment.

I have not seen this on cars here, but as the wing comes supplied under the box we do not normally test fit them.
        Regarding the rear axle bushings I know BRM says top position for Sponge tires but unless a small diameter I find they hit the bodywork. Also if a smaller size wheel/tire is fited themn ground clearance may be an issue especially on Carrera Track.

We are running here with the axle in the lower position and the BRM Cars run very well tha way.

What track are you running on?
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Sauber Wing

Thanks Alan, I was able to make the wing fit well. The magnet on the wing became dislodged and I found some build up under the magnet. After removing the build up (looked like glue) and re-gluing, the wing fits well.

I run at my local hobby shop on a MDF surface that is painted.

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread but any idea when a white body will be available?

Comment

Working...
            X