first time assembly brm 917 kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time assembly brm 917 kit

I had the kit since spring 2014 and was scare to put it together . Well I finally did it and here it is hope you guys like it
    Last edited by mab0707; 01-18-2015, 10:29 AM.

Nice work, hit it with some numbers & a little future floor wax your in there

Comment

ghost driver

Is that driver a ghost, or did he just not get painted?

See you Saturday!

Joseph

Comment

Nice work Mario, how does it run?

Comment

Originally posted by maxspeed View Post
          Is that driver a ghost, or did he just not get painted?

See you Saturday!

Joseph
          I tried to make it like the NSR porsche 917 great traditions special edition and the driver wasn't painted so you know can't mess that up right? Lol. Yes see you Saturday i can use some tuning tips on my H&R cars Mario

Comment

Originally posted by Lou E View Post
            Nice work Mario, how does it run?
            Thanks! Runs good on my track. I think I need more weight though!

Comment

Will be interesting to see how you guys run.

BRM Challenge rules for the 917, purple motor, no weight added at all.
              Rocket ships here. Gearing changes allowed and fit latest guide. Change tires, and or wheel tire to suit your track, we run BRM sponge.
              Have also run BRM soft rubber, good grip not as fast as sponge but very good car. Lowered fronts that come with most of the cars.
              Check for interior interference with body, but easy to set up, and as I said here, at least, very fast.

Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

ghost driver

Mario...now I get it...looks just like the Great Traditions special edition driver. As long as it is fast, no one will even notice the driver is not painted.

I am glad to help you with tuningyour H&R. Looking forward to running my new H&R Toyota 88c on the big track at The Race Place.

Hopefully if Glenn decides to run the BRM C class as the second race on Saturday I can run that as well. I think I have the tire issue figured out...last time my car was too grippy and tippy and I could not get any of the several pairs of BRM tires to have less bite. So...switched over to Scaleauto tires which are narrower and will allow less bite in the corners and should give me the slight bit of slide I need.

I have to leave at 3:00 in order to get back home by 4:30.

See you Saturday.

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                  BRM Challenge rules for the 917, purple motor, no weight added at all.
                  Rocket ships here. Gearing changes allowed and fit latest guide. Change tires, and or wheel tire to suit your track, we run BRM sponge.
                  Have also run BRM soft rubber, good grip not as fast as sponge but very good car. Lowered fronts that come with most of the cars.
                  Check for interior interference with body, but easy to set up, and as I said here, at least, very fast.

Hi Alan, Which purple motor is that ? Is that the one that come with the kit or car? I have the pink one or I'm color blind .... It's probably me

Comment

Originally posted by mab0707 View Post
                    .... It's probably me
                    You're right, it's you. BRM purple/pink motor, same motor. The one that came with the car.
                    Last edited by NJSLOT1_32; 01-21-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NJSLOT1_32 View Post
                      You're right, it's you. BRM purple/pink motor, same motor. The one that came with the car.
                      Ok good as long as we have an understanding

Comment

Magenta, pink, purple.

BRM 917's come stock with S-032 some have difficulty calling the motor pink so purple ish works.

Stock motor, gearing change allowed, no added weight, latest guide and tire set up for your track For BRM rules that's about it.

And they are fast.
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.slotcarillustrated.com
                        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                          BRM 917's come stock with S-032 some have difficulty calling the motor pink so purple ish works.

Stock motor, gearing change allowed, no added weight, latest guide and tire set up for your track For BRM rules that's about it.

And they are fast.
                          Yeeeaaahhh!!! I'm with it. Now all I have to do is move to Tacoma . Got any room I'm a excellent track cleaner lol.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X