With the upcoming Mustang and Camaro from BRM/Scaleracing in 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the upcoming Mustang and Camaro from BRM/Scaleracing in 2017

BRM & Scaleracing are now scheduling the production of their 69 Camaro and 69/70 Mustang in 1:24th scale.

These cars are a blast to race as tested at the BRM/Scaleracing 24 Hours of Tacoma Nov 10th -13th.

Now with production in the planning stage for the Spring 2017 release we would like to find out from 1:24 scale Racers and Collectors:

What are your 12 favorite decorations for the 1969 Trans Am Camaro, and for the 1969/ 1970 Mustangs.

If possible include any images you may have.
    You can post here in SCI and if you have images send them to [email protected].

We are very interested to see which cars are popular and which decorations may not have been produced in other scales.

We also plan to release parts later to replicate other versions of these iconic cars. I could see street, drag and custom versions created of both these models.

White kits, chassis and interiors will also be available in 2017 so builders can create Cudas and GTX plus other Classic American Muscle Cars from model kits as these all fit on the BRM chassis.

Please list here or in the BRM Forum.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

BRM and Scaleracing partner to produce 69 Camaro snd 69/70 Mustangs.

I am proud and honored to announce that Scaleracing in partnership with BRM will be releasing in the Spring of 2017 to 69 Camaro and 69/70 Mustang.

As we move forward with this exciting project we are looking for your favorite versions of these cars. Images will be very useful so if possible send those to [email protected].

Also list here so we can all find out the popular versions of these iconic cars.

In design we have allowed for different hoods and trunk lids plus front and rear clips so many versions can be created now we want to see and hear what the 1:24 scaleracers and Collectors would like to see.

We will assemble the production for North American racers of these cars here in the USA. This is an exciting time for us and BRM

Last edited by Scaleracing; 11-23-2016, 07:41 AM.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Images shown are pre production cars built in the USA for the 24 Hours of Tacoma.

These cars were driven for the first time in the 24 Hours of Tacoma no complete cars ever ran before the Event.

All cars entered finished, a few bumps and scrapes but no failures and these were first shots off the tooling.
      Last edited by Scaleracing; 11-23-2016, 08:15 AM.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Sunoco Camaro

Comment

That one was not in our plans

Sunoco Camaro, that would be popular?

Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Can you do a Mustang without the Parnelli Jones livery...... I think not. You know I'm looking forward to these.

Bruce

Comment

Good photos?

Most mentioned right now we know well, but any images will speed up production. Also looking for less well known maybe local racers cars.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Last edited by kidvoltage; 11-23-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

The Historic TransAm website has lots of photos, but here are a few suggestions:

Comment

Alan,
                    During the 24 hour race I was extremely impressed with how the cars drove and held up to carnage especially on the 8 lane track where we barrel rolled down the front straightway a few times and got t-bone at full speed. Mirrors aside we only lost a rear spoiler in 24 hours of racing.
                    I was fortunate not to hit the floor but I was amazed several cars that did seem unfazed. So you have a solid product.
                    I was also impressed with how consistent the car and motor ran throughout the race.I was expecting a big drop off in handling after a few hours but it ran the same throughout.
                    I like your idea of allowing racers to give ideas on which liveries to make. No one should complain if they didn't send in suggestions. Built in the USA is nice too. ~Ron

Comment

Ok, I'll bite, how about these...

Comment

It's somewhat unfortunate that Scalextric has done so many of these already. Pioneer has done some of these and there are probably others I am unaware of.

I can understand the need to do the popular ones to get sales appeal but it would nice to see some of these others. I guess that's where the white kits come in to play.

Comment

I think the fact that the BRM cars are 1/24 scale will help, as both racers and collectors will want the same liveries in both scales.

Comment

Some Mustangs...

Ford Mustang Boss 302 Trans Am 2

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X