With the upcoming Mustang and Camaro from BRM/Scaleracing in 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cj74 View Post
    Unfortunately, not at my local track/store. Which Movintage has done well to articulate below.
    Guys, I am confused. Tangmere222 seems to have ordered cars from his LHS which in turn obviously order them from Alan (as the manufacturer's representative/distributor). Everybody is happy.

You are saying that they are NOT available from your LHS. Alan (both as retailer AND as distributor I am assuming) says these cars are available. This seems contradictory. So one has to ask the question: did your LHS try to order some and were told there were none to be had? Or have they just not tried to order? In reading all the preceding the answer to this is not clear.

If the LHS has tried to order and could not then there is an issue that needs to be resolved between the LHS and Alan. If the LHS has NOT tried to order, well, then it is clearly your LHS's problem and you certainly cannot hold Alan to blame.

So as an outside reader to this: well, no: Movintage really has not articulated the situation all that well as I for one am not sure what the problem is and why your local LHS does not have them or cannot get them.

Alwyn

Comment

• Alwyn, we are of the same mind (which should probably worry both of us ... ).

All I can say is that in every conversation about the slot car business I've ever had with Alan, and in the way that he has run this site and his business(es), he has strongly promoted the local LHS.

And he CERTAINLY HAS NOT encouraged anybody to purchase from his own retail store, over other LHS that he supplies as a distributor; quite the contrary in fact. He's a stand up guy, always promoting the hobby in general over his own interests.

Perhaps it would help if Movintage and cj74 could let us know in this thread which stores they're unable to purchase the product from. No links, unless they're Advertisers, but the names of these stores that are not being supplied for some reason.

Comment

• I appreciate the further discussion. However, those that know me, which isn't everyone, knows that I am an honest person that pursues as much truth as I can in any situation that interests me. My local source has repeatedly gone out of their way whenever I need one or many of anything. There are a number of people that I have talked to locally with the same thoughts that I have shared. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. However when these cars were announced as available I did not know a single racer that didn't place an order. To date none of those requests have been filled.

My contact information is available at 132 Slot Cars. I have communicated here and FB directly regarding both my interest and questions regarding availability of these cars even after they were announced as available. If Alan or another from the business wants to contact me to get my perspective, I'm open to that discussion.

Comment

• No need for anyone to be confused. The matter is simple as stated, so long as you don't try to make something more out of it that isn't there.

cj74 and I have only expressed our disappointment and frustration in not being able to buy these from our LHS. Nothing more, nothing less. Alan made his decision which retailers he would ship to first and unfortunately for those of us in the Metro NY, NJ and PA areas, our LHS were not on his "A" list and haven't received any, yet. And yes, our LHS have ordered them and have inquired on a weekly basis. Putting this aside, funny, reading through the threads on these cars, there are a lot of others inquiring about the same thing, when will they ship? What's the status and when their LHS will receive them? We're not alone, just being a bit more vocal.

Since Alan has said that "the ScaleRacing/BRM Trans Am cars are available," how about Alan post the names of the retail stores in the NY metro, NJ & PA area he has already shipped to and when they went out. Come on Alan, step up to the plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Movintage View Post
            No need for anyone to be confused. The matter is simple as stated, so long as you don't try to make something more out of it that isn't there.

cj74 and I have only expressed our disappointment and frustration in not being able to buy these from our LHS. Nothing more, nothing less. Alan made his decision which retailers he would ship to first and unfortunately for those of us in the Metro NY, NJ and PA areas, our LHS were not on his "A" list and haven't received any, yet. And yes, our LHS have ordered them and have inquired on a weekly basis. Putting this aside, funny, reading through the threads on these cars, there are a lot of others inquiring about the same thing, when will they ship? What's the status and when their LHS will receive them? We're not alone, just being a bit more vocal.

Since Alan has said that "the ScaleRacing/BRM Trans Am cars are available," how about Alan post the names of the retail stores in the NY metro, NJ & PA area he has already shipped to and when they went out. Come on Alan, step up to the plate.

Perhaps I could learn the name of the LHS that has been excluded?

Comment

• List me the names please

Local Retail Stores with actual Brick and Mortar, especially those that have Racing programs and operating tracks, that want these cars in any area of the Country and will sell them at Retail, I am happy to supply.

Now please make sure they are actual Physical Stores zoned for Retail, paying sales taxes etc.

I am not aware of Stores, real Stores that have ordered in the New York Metro area, I am aware of a few I have not shipped yet, due in part to games played with the Retail price.

Also the physical challenge of building these cars and running my Retail Store. Still building cars daily and shipping as quickly as I can.

I have a real Store 11,000 s/f with children and adults playing here daily.

That and being one person building these cars has slowed me down some, plus some technical issues with the building jig and a few component parts that had to be re-ordered.

These cars are $139.99 Retail, and that is the price I expect them to be sold for. That is a very fair price, way under the $170.00 Retail of previous BRM Cars, due in part to my Company eating margin to get product to market at a price that competes with European Discount Stores.

I have always Championed Real Retail, and always will. I will not tolerate games being played with the product I am financing tooling on and building myself.

I am happy to partner with any Store and or Club wanting to support ScaleRacing/BRM and the other lines I Manufacturer, Import and Distribute.

I will not sit still and have those lines be used to destroy other Retail Stores. I am not playing games, I am trying to grow this Market.

I supply SCI for free, I support Real Dealers, I have flown all over the USA and Canada to promote Retail Stores and Races.

Strangely the so called Stores that are complaining, have not supported BRM or Scaleracing in the last 3 years, almost zero sales but now I convince BRM to partner and build Trans Am cars they appear, good until they played games.

I will from now on only supply Retail Stores that want to partner with me and grow this hobby. Stores will Retail locations, and ideally tracks or local Clubs that support racing the brands I import.

Discounting the product before they have even received goods is not going to grow this. Look at the 1:32 scale market, sadly Slot.it a brand leader has almost no value anymore, cars sold for cost. This is not growing the Hobby, it is destroying it.

I will not let product I have everything invested in, my health, my life, my home, my Business be used as a weapon to destroy me. I built an 11,000 s/f raceway to showcase this Hobby, to keep it in front of families and new users. I will not be made to be the bad guy here.

The canceled ordered from local smaller stores in and around the area you mention rang the alarm bell. I answered it.

Built in the USA, proud to be making Slotcars in this great Country I call home. Now to grow local Racing and Retail Stores, and Clubs.

Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• Alan, brilliant response. Clear, concise, transparent and honest, thank you Sir
                While I can't speak about any of the so called retailers that you say are playing pricing games. My LHS who has a brick & mortar store in NJ and a track and hopefully pays taxes quoted the full retail price you've outlined. Guess there must be another issue.

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                Local Retail Stores with actual Brick and Mortar, especially those that have Racing programs and operating tracks, that want these cars in any area of the Country and will sell them at Retail, I am happy to supply.

Now please make sure they are actual Physical Stores zoned for Retail, paying sales taxes etc.

I am not aware of Stores, real Stores that have ordered in the New York Metro area, I am aware of a few I have not shipped yet, due in part to games played with the Retail price.

Also the physical challenge of building these cars and running my Retail Store. Still building cars daily and shipping as quickly as I can.

I have a real Store 11,000 s/f with children and adults playing here daily.

That and being one person building these cars has slowed me down some, plus some technical issues with the building jig and a few component parts that had to be re-ordered.

These cars are $139.99 Retail, and that is the price I expect them to be sold for. That is a very fair price, way under the $170.00 Retail of previous BRM Cars, due in part to my Company eating margin to get product to market at a price that competes with European Discount Stores.

I have always Championed Real Retail, and always will. I will not tolerate games being played with the product I am financing tooling on and building myself.

I am happy to partner with any Store and or Club wanting to support ScaleRacing/BRM and the other lines I Manufacturer, Import and Distribute.

I will not sit still and have those lines be used to destroy other Retail Stores. I am not playing games, I am trying to grow this Market.

I supply SCI for free, I support Real Dealers, I have flown all over the USA and Canada to promote Retail Stores and Races.

Strangely the so called Stores that are complaining, have not supported BRM or Scaleracing in the last 3 years, almost zero sales but now I convince BRM to partner and build Trans Am cars they appear, good until they played games.

I will from now on only supply Retail Stores that want to partner with me and grow this hobby. Stores will Retail locations, and ideally tracks or local Clubs that support racing the brands I import.

Discounting the product before they have even received goods is not going to grow this. Look at the 1:32 scale market, sadly Slot.it a brand leader has almost no value anymore, cars sold for cost. This is not growing the Hobby, it is destroying it.

I will not let product I have everything invested in, my health, my life, my home, my Business be used as a weapon to destroy me. I built an 11,000 s/f raceway to showcase this Hobby, to keep it in front of families and new users. I will not be made to be the bad guy here.

The canceled ordered from local smaller stores in and around the area you mention rang the alarm bell. I answered it.

Built in the USA, proud to be making Slotcars in this great Country I call home. Now to grow local Racing and Retail Stores, and Clubs.

Last edited by Movintage; 01-11-2018, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• At this time I have no orders from a Store in NJ

Not sure which Store we are speaking about in New Jersey.
                  I do not have an order from any New Jersey Stores please contact me to discuss.
                  Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 01-11-2018, 08:19 AM. Reason: Spelling. He hasn't had his coffee, yet.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• Solved one Store, if you want to order from NJ Nostalgia you can.

Spoke with Joe at NJ Nostalgia he can get cars from me, even happy to drop ship for him.
                    We talked and he will help anyway he can. Also I fully support him and his Store.
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• HI Alan,

I don't know what is going on but my LHS who you know, says we can't get them now due to a policy change?

I have bought numerous times from you and actually discussed this with you on the phone and agreed to go thru my LHS. First we missed Christmas and now this, what gives? We have over a dozen guys who were waiting on these...

Please don't turn this into a Super Tires situation, where they wanted to give better deals to deal directly with them verse the LHS...

Not sure how this is going to get moderated and if you fix the issue, please delete my post....

Comment

• Originally posted by Oscar Racing View Post
                        HI Alan,

I don't know what is going on but my LHS who you know, says we can't get them now due to a policy change?

I have bought numerous times from you and actually discussed this with you on the phone and agreed to go thru my LHS. First we missed Christmas and now this, what gives? We have over a dozen guys who were waiting on these...

Please don't turn this into a Super Tires situation, where they wanted to give better deals to deal directly with them verse the LHS...

Not sure how this is going to get moderated and if you fix the issue, please delete my post....
                        Paul, I had a long chat with Alan last night about this and other goings-on, and I'm quite sure that the Super Tires analogy doesn't apply. I'll make sure that Alan has noticed your post as I'm sure he'll want to resolve this satisfactorily.

Comment

• No deals here, or there, or everywhere.

In the town where I was born $139.99.

In any town $139.99.

The ScaleRacing/BRM Trans Am cars are $139.99, happy to supply direct and pay your local Store or Raceway the profit margin.

Happy to supply any retail Store or Track that wants to be part of growing the Hobby, every Store should be in this together to grow awareness in Slot Car Racing. Not undercutting each other to the bottom.

Just shipped a big order to your Track Paul.

No Trans Am right now, but happy to supply as long as Retail is $139.99.

Last edited by Scaleracing; 01-24-2018, 02:40 PM.
                          Alan Smith
                          SCI Owner.
                          www.scaleracing.com
                          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                            Spoke with Joe at NJ Nostalgia he can get cars from me, even happy to drop ship for him.
                            We talked and he will help anyway he can. Also I fully support him and his Store.

back in 1999 while walking around a model train show I spotted a Carrera 1/32 scale race set and bought it. Keep in mind I had always had h.o. scale cars since about 1970. I was hooked and went to NJ Nostalgia hobby and told Joe: I want to buy the biggest Carrera set you have to add to my small figure-8 set, so he sold me the Avus set. Since then I began to collect and race all types of 1/32 and 1/24 scale cars, including Scaleauto and BRM. Looking forward to purchasing a few of these BRM Trans-Am cars from Joe.

Question: have you tested any brands of foam rubber rears that will fit these cars so I can race them on wood tracks with light spray glue?

Comment

Working...
                            X