Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRM NSU white kit paint job.

Picked up a BRM NSU white kit.

These cars are a ton of fun - they aren't a lot bigger than a 1/32 car so you can run them on 1/32 lane spacing track. They have a nice metal chassis no magnet a 19k motor and metal wheels all round. Looking forward to them bringing out more cars.

cheers
    David

Many cars homepainted

from the Danish race serie with these cars

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1112551322197303/

And a spy look at my first prototype Gordini

Comment

Rules for these cars? Do you change the rear camber angle? How do you do that without rear axle binding?

Comment

Thanks for sharing the Gordini pics - looking good.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by timkoul View Post
          Rules for these cars? Do you change the rear camber angle? How do you do that without rear axle binding?
          In Denmark we use them standard, it is allowed to adjust the car but you cannot change anything, add or remove weight, this is a very fun starter class where newcomers car start up without the skill us old racers have, so no tuning, just fun racing.

why do you want to change camber? this is giving you a fun driving, but you can adjust the toe in/out a little, I use a little toe in just like real 1/1 backwheels driven cars, that give the best handling out of the corners.

Comment

Can you tell us the overall length, width and height? I have a very tight single lane hill climb and would love one of these but fear it may not fit?

Comment

info on measurements

Hi sof,
              According to Pendle slots the NSU is
              Length 152mm
              Height 51mm
              Wheelbase 93mm
              Ft and Rear track 67mm
              ~Ron

Comment

Thanks Ron,
                If the track is 67mm doesn't that mean the overall width is wider? I always thought that the track is to the centre of the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by s.o.f. View Post
                  Thanks Ron,
                  If the track is 67mm doesn't that mean the overall width is wider? I always thought that the track is to the centre of the wheel.
                  hi sof

Track on real 1:1 cars is measured between the center of tread of the tire on either side of the car. For some bizarre reason slot car "track" measurements seem to be measured between the outer sidewalls of either tire - not sure why, when or where this confusing difference in nomenclature between the real and model worlds arose, but that's how the current definitions stand.

So in this case the maximum body width (looks like its at the fender flares) and the scale "track" are very nearly the same.

cheers
                  Scott

Comment

The cars are 70 mm wide, they drive without problem on a scalextric track, i did made some measurement in a r15 corner with very low speed i need 75 mm inside the slot, outside 100 is enough from slot to barrier. When i really try hard to sving the backend

Comment

[youtube]JAtpK9VDWqo[/youtube]

Comment

Working...
                      X