Carrera AppConnect & Carrera Race app - general Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera AppConnect & Carrera Race app - general Questions

I know there are a few threads going on regarding the Carrera AppConnect and the Carrera app itself regarding specific questions. I did not want to hijack either of those threads as I do have a few questions in regards to using the AppConnect and the Carrera Race app itself.

1. Is it possible to link multiple devices at the same time to act as individual driver displays? My original plan was to use our tablet as a stand alone display for my kids and I, but I could see it beneficial to use multiple devices once I build a table, as it allows all of us to stand in different locations.

2. Assigning the order of drivers/cars. Is there any easy was to sort out which driver is assigned to which ID? We have 4 wireless controllers (no wired) and 3 cars. I know the controllers are assigned ID's 1-3. I just "know" from memory of setting it up that my controller/car are assigned to ID-3. Whereas my kids are assigned ID-1 and ID-2; I just never recall off hand which is which. Anytime I set up a new race I need to assign the drivers in the Carrera Race app and shuffle them based on the ID's the controllers are assigned to. This leaves me a 50/50 shot of being right. Aside from physically labeling the controller with the ID info and the car itself, is there any quick way to see which ID the controller is assigned to?

These are my questions for now, and I am sure as I use the unit more I'll either answer them myself or come up with more questions.

If you're like me and have questions that are not already addressed, feel free to ask here in the hopes somebody is able to answer.

Originally posted by Wood0209 View Post
    ...Aside from physically labeling the controller with the ID info and the car itself, is there any quick way to see which ID the controller is assigned to?
    Press the small red button on top of the controller near the LED. The LED will flash. The number of flashes = the controller ID.

Originally posted by Wood0209 View Post
    Is it possible to link multiple devices at the same time to act as individual driver displays?

Not really an answer to your question- but this one is possible using my (Windows only) software. You can link as many driver display devices as you like. Tablets, phones, and other computers. Anything connected to the local wifi network. As far as I know, it's currently the only such solution for Carrera digital. But I would expect others to add it to their feature lists before too long.
    Last edited by b.yingling; 06-05-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip for the ID.

I had read that about your software. As cool as yours seems, I didn't want to get into having a full PC running.

Comment

Experiencing an annoying issue with the App on a Samsung Tab A tablet. Not sure if it is a general issue or not.

You can set pictures for the track, drivers, and cars. So say I go to set a picture for a car, I'll take the picture and save it. I go to the next car to set the picture. I take the picture and confirm it is the one I want. When I return to the list of cars, it will show the first picture I took for the first car for both cars. If I move on to the 3rd car, it does the same thing. Takes me through the steps of taking a new picture and confirming it, but the end picture displayed in the same picture as the first.

I did find a work around. I had to select a car, take and set the picture, and close the app. Re-open the app, select the next car, take and set the picture, and the list then shows the new picture for the car and the original picture for the first car. Close and re-start the app, and repeat the steps for the next car to take and set the picture, close the app.

Comment

Working...
        X