Identifying Pro X track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Pro X track

A couple years ago when I was expanding my original D132 set, I recall being warned about sellers unloading Pro X track on unknowing buyers.

Have read that Pro X does not play nice with D132 cars.

How does one identify the difference between Pro X and D132 track sections such as the different lane changers and Pit Lanes. Is there a Pro X marking? Is there a cross reference table somewhere with part numbers?

I do understand how to identify the difference between the (D132/Pro X) BB and the D132 BB.

I am sure this will help others as well.

Reason I ask is looking to add another Pit and double lane change. Might also build a fun layout for a buddy from the ground up. Hoping to save some money on used track sections where I can.

Thanks,

TRU

I had Pro-x when it first came out and switched everything over to D/132 when Carrera offered a chance to swap the electronic parts at a very low cost [LC's and car chips]. That was at least 6 or 7 years ago.
    I can see if I can find part #s on some of my LC's but it may be a few days before I can get to it.
    A couple things I can tell you in the meantime..
    1. Pro-x controllers [wired and infrared wireless] work fine with D/132.
    2.Pro-x power supplies also work.

You may already know this, but any standard track sections[non digital pieces] that are 4 tab also work with 3 tab track. Some sellers list these as pro-x because it says it on the box.
    Randy
    Last edited by 32lbKING; 03-27-2018, 11:39 AM. Reason: deleted #3 for wrong info on pro-x 3 tab track...

Comment

Ah... 4 tab track. Is it safe to say all Pro-x is 4 tab?

Comment

deleted. wrong info.
        Last edited by 32lbKING; 03-27-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by truwebs View Post
          Reason I ask is looking to add another Pit and double lane change.
          PRO-X might work to your advantage here. There's that mod to a PRO-X L/C used in a pit lane that shuffles every other car to another pit lane. A D1XX chip will cause a P/X L/C to activate every time, so by moving the LED sensor past the L/C gate, it causes the L/C to activate then. Better seen in action than with my description.

I think this is the thread, but it's 4:30 AM too, LOL

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=95754

Comment

Originally posted by buspor63 View Post
            PRO-X might work to your advantage here. There's that mod to a PRO-X L/C used in a pit lane that shuffles every other car to another pit lane. A D1XX chip will cause a P/X L/C to activate every time, so by moving the LED sensor past the L/C gate, it causes the L/C to activate then. Better seen in action than with my description.

I think this is the thread, but it's 4:30 AM too, LOL

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=95754
            Yes.. thanks for sharing. I was just reading the Dual Pit Lane thread and saw this. Great way to keep cars banging into each other in when pitting.

TRU

Comment

Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
              3.Any digital track sections[pit lane or LC's] that are the 3 tab will work, because Carrera converted to the 3 tab configuration after switching over to D/132.
              Sorry but this is wrong. The 3 tab track parts were introduced in 2006, while D132 was released late 2007. So, there are also PRO-X track parts that have 3 tabs instead of 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrera124 View Post
                Sorry but this is wrong. The 3 tab track parts were introduced in 2006, while D132 was released late 2007. So, there are also PRO-X track parts that have 3 tabs instead of 4.
                Woops, sorry about that guys. I guess I stand corrected. I thought sure that was right
                Thanks for posting Carrera124
                Randy

Comment

I had Pro-x when it first came out and switched everything over to D/132 when Carrera offered a chance to swap the electronic parts at a very low cost [LC's and car chips]. That was at least 6 or 7 years ago.

I can see if I can find part #s on some of my LC's but it may be a few days before I can get to it.
                  Hey TRU, I looked at about half of my LC's for part #s before I realized that won't help you.
                  When Carrera did the parts swap for the LC's, we mailed back the half of the Pro-x LC that had the switch mechanism in it, and they shipped back a new piece that had the D/132 electronics in it. So all of my LC's have D/132 part #s. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
                  Randy

Comment

Hey TRU, I looked at about half of my LC's for part #s before I realized that won't help you.
                    When Carrera did the parts swap for the LC's, we mailed back the half of the Pro-x LC that had the switch mechanism in it, and they shipped back a new piece that had the D/132 electronics in it. So all of my LC's have D/132 part #s. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
                    Randy
                    Thanks for your efforts

Comment

Working...
                    X