X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truwebs
    started a topic Analog and CU on Same Track Layout

Analog and CU on Same Track Layout

So this might be a bizarre question, but logically it makes sense to me.

I currently run a digital 132 layout with CU.

I also have an analog power base with controllers.

I purchased the analog setup so that we can on occasion run my son's analog 143 cars on the BIG TRACK!

Simple enough to do by switching out the Analog base and CU.

But over time I see that one or the other might get broken by switching out.

My question is this... Is it possible or has anybody ever had both connected to the track at the same time? I would guess if both are powered on at the same time that would cause problems. But what if they are both included in the layout and sure to power one off when not in use?

Could damage be done if both are included in the layout and both are powered on?

Thanks,

TRU

• truwebs
    replied

Thanks Guys!

As always nothing but great info from you all!

TRU

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
    Both are good solutions. An advantage of the first thread method in Carlos' post [chipping the lanes] is that you can use the digital controllers which are smoother than the Carrera analog controllers, AND you can also set speed and brakes in analog with CU.
    The 4 pole, double throw switch does seem more straightforward to build though and it is cheaper.
    Depends what you want.
    Randy
    Good point about the controllers. I keep thinking about it the way that I did it, allowing club controllers for analog racing on my track. I didn't use an analog power base for my analog mode, I just wired up an analog hookup as for club controllers.

I still need to install my switch, though. I currently am still using a plug that I switch between the digital output and the analog one.

Leave a comment:

• b.yingling
    replied
    Nm
    Last edited by b.yingling; 03-25-2018, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 32lbKING
    replied
    Both are good solutions. An advantage of the first thread method in Carlos' post [chipping the lanes] is that you can use the digital controllers which are smoother than the Carrera analog controllers, AND you can also set speed and brakes in analog with CU.
    The 4 pole, double throw switch does seem more straightforward to build though and it is cheaper.
    Depends what you want.
    Randy

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Thanks, Carlos. I was hoping someone would post links to the specific threads. Personally, I think the second one is the better choice in this situation, since TRU already has the needed bases, and the first one requires the permanent use of two digital chips that (IMHO) should be in cars, instead. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• carlosinseattle
    replied
    http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=51153

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=56729

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Yes. Dont do it.
    Better to do one of the analog mods.

Leave a comment:

Working...