My latest home/family track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest home/family track

Comes complete with the track monster waiting to knock you off the track too. Adds a whole new level of excitement for the kids (7 &10).

R1 and R2 curves with High Bank R2 and Hairpin.

Looks like fun

Comment

That looks like fun right there..!
      Nice design.

And the track monster looks menacing.
      Ha ha
      Graham.

Comment

Thanks everyone...I had it set up as a giant oval for a while so as to get the kids used to the track (it had been put away for about a year and a half prior to this due to construction). It was quite hilarious with the cat at sitting on the inside chasing the cars around in circles trying to catch a “mouse”.

Comment

Looking good. The cat is always entertaining.

Bruce
          Cincyslots

Comment

"Track Monster"

Comment

Ahhh...takes me back to 1968 when I was pushing my Strombecker Monaco set Ford J and Chaparral hard to outrun my track monster. Thanks for the post!

Comment

Looks fun! What size bank curve you using? Want to add to my layout.

Cat just reminded me that it is probably time I check my son's 143 cars for dog hair wrapped around the axles. His set is on the floor as well.

Comment

Your slot car room looks really nice and comfortable. You could put a tarp under your track to reduce the lint, hair, and fiber build up that occurs on the car's axles and braids when running on carpet. Chair pads, vinyl flooring, or anything else that creates a barrier between the carpet and the track will serve the same purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by truwebs View Post

Cat just reminded me that it is probably time I check my son's 143 cars for dog hair wrapped around the axles. His set is on the floor as well.
                    They look to be R2 high banked curve. Taking a "guess" based on the size of the inner diameter of the curve and "comparing" it to the outer diameter of the hairpin.

High banked curves can be of great benefit to extend the length of a high speed straight in a way, particularly for tracks in confined spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by truwebs View Post

R2 high bank 8 sections.

Comment

Working...
                      X