New to Digital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Digital

So I have a few old parma 1/24 slots and wondered if I chip them to run a 50's era bomber, what limits do i have with motor. i READ somewhere that chip has limits and needed someone to confirm please

It depends on the system, but you're probably best off just keeping those old 1/24 cars as analog, and get some new cars that go nice and fast, if that's your thing.

What system are you using? Do you know what different motors will fit in those chassis you have?

Comment

I have a parma fcr 24th chassis been packed away for many yrs, i have a carrera digital track running 1/32, but want to venture into 24th scale jalopy/bomber builds, not concern with all out speed

Comment

prefer to chip them, i have 16d motor in it now and not crazy about the speed side of it

Comment

I don't know what motors will fit those chassis that are OK with digital chips. Hopefully someone else will be able to assist. I will copy this thread to the Carrera forum to help with exposure.

Comment

Sorry I missed this. About a month ago I dug out my old ones that my Dad and I raced when I was a kid so I gave it a try. The smaller chip fits perfectly in the chassis, just hot glued the chip to the plastic wheel bushings and I was good to go. Just make sure the chip isn't metal to metal. It works great, haven't checked the amp draw on the motors yet but so far so good. Once I finish with the Daytona body I get it back together and take some pics.

Dave

Comment

hey dave

thanks for your feedback, what motor you running? i read somewhere the carrera chips are rated at about 2 amps. Also read there is someone name cmeyers (not sure if spelled right)who can modify chips

Comment

The guy who fixes chips is "Gmeyers" and he hasn't been on the forum for a couple years. I think he only fixed Scalextric digital chips not Carrera: http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...er.php?u=23075

Comment

I'm not sure of the amp ratings on the chip. I can't tell you anything about the motor that's in the car other than it's a Cox motor. I did some laps last night and at start up it pulls anywhere from 2.2 to 2.4 amps on the track. That's well over the motors I run. Most are in the .7 to 1.1 amp range. While I haven't run this a lot I have put about 50 laps on it without issues. I do have other cars with different motors in them but nothing chipped. Probably you're going to be limited to 3 older cars max running at a time so as to not overload the 8 amp CU limit.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X