Carrera cam car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera cam car

Is the Carrera cam car (30372) coming to the US? It's listed as a new item in the non-US 2018 catalog, but not in the US and Canada 2018 catalog. Curious if anyone knows...

Where can you see the US catalog? I am also interested in the cam car.

Comment

On Carrera's website...

Comment

But the cam car is not listed in the US catalog, hence my question whether it's coming to the US or not...

Comment

Camera car

I donít know if this car will be for sale in the U S but I made my own with 1/24 Carrera car. My first camera car was with a 1/32 car but it was top heavy and de-slotted too easy. I used a small (1 inch) cube camera, 9 volt battery and tacky putty. A battery replacement device is available to run off track power if you are using constant track power as with digital control.

Comment

Today, I still use my sony action, with no body, only chassis with the camera lying on top of it.
            heavy, but work.

Here in my old 143 track, with 143 car chassis:

[YOUTUBE]JokAjwuz6KY[/YOUTUBE]

and now in carrera 132, works too (old 132 layout):

[YOUTUBE]BoErF8p-9jI&t=65s[/YOUTUBE]

If I were to buy a new camera, to adapt, it would be a MOBIUS MINI CAM HD (very small)

Comment

I was originally interested in this camera car, but the European slot sites list it around 110 Euros - too rich for my wallet. It is cool that they are trying it, though. It's nice to see the company experimenting with something like this that keeps the hobby moving forward.

Comment

Pictures

Whatís the easiest way to include a picture with a post?
                Thanks
                Optbob

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Inferis View Post
                  Today, I still use my sony action, with no body, only chassis with the camera lying on top of it.
                  heavy, but work.

Here in my old 143 track, with 143 car chassis:

[youtube]JokAjwuz6KY[/youtube]

and now in carrera 132, works too (old 132 layout):

[youtube]BoErF8p-9jI&t=65s[/youtube]

If I were to buy a new camera, to adapt, it would be a MOBIUS MINI CAM HD (very small)

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The camera car is delayed till 2019 due to technical issues at the factory. Here's a message from Carrera regarding the camera car availability:

"Availability Carrera Cam Car
                    October 5, 2018
                    Dear club members,

Regarding the Carrera Cam Cars, unfortunately, we have to inform you that the technical development has been significantly delayed due to the serious changes in the legal provisions on data protection (DSGVO).

As a result, the availability of the Carrera Cam Cars is expected to be postponed until the first half of 2019.

Therefore, the request for a little patience.

Thank you and best regards
                    Kristin"

Comment

I'm still curious about this one. I like doing videos and my FPV don't look very good. I use one of those little key fob cameras taped on the top of a car. It's 1080 30fps but doesn't look as good as my knock off GoPro at the same settings and it makes me dizzy watching it. I've seen some FPV slot car videos that look pretty good.

I wonder if they're gearing it towards a GoPro or something smaller?

Comment

I still miss Dave Kennedy!

Comment

Bad news... The cam car is "discontinued in July 2019 until further notice". My pre-order was just cancelled. The dealer said he would be surprised if the car is ever produced. Oh well...

Comment

Bad news... The cam car is "discontinued in July 2019 until further notice". My pre-order was just cancelled. The dealer said he would be surprised if the car is ever produced. Oh well...

Comment

You guys should just spend the money and get a GoPro Hero 5 Session. It's the smallest, best, small cube you can get. It records at 4K 30fps, 2.7K 48/30/24fps, 1440p 60/48/30/24fps, 1080p 90/60/30/24fps, 960p 100/60/30fps and 720p 120/60/30fps. 720p120 is amazing for slow mo!! and the audio is great too.

Comment

Working...
                              X