Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D124 F1 cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • D124 F1 cars

    Why arenít there D124 F1 cars?

  • #2
    maybe because they can't drift and 124 cars together with extension of the track are made to drift in curves ??? I would like to see D124 F1 car too

    Comment


    • #3
      More likely they don't believe there is much demand for them. Heck, they don't seem to think 1/32 ones will sell, either.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
        More likely they don't believe there is much demand for them. Heck, they don't seem to think 1/32 ones will sell, either.
        Yes, but they make them, so why wonít they make D124 ones?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by myared View Post
          Yes, but they make them, so why wonít they make D124 ones?
          $$$

          Comment


          • #6
            OK. Is it true that there’s not much demand for D124 F1 cars, and if so, why is that?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by myared View Post
              OK. Is it true that thereís not much demand for D124 F1 cars, and if so, why is that?
              Overall, open wheel cars haven't been big sellers in US. I have 1/32 F1 cars from Scalextric, SCX, and Carrera. I like them. I would also buy 1/24 Carrera F1's. Just not enough people would buy them to make the investment worthwhile for Carrera. That's just my thoughts.......I'd be happy to be wrong though!

              Comment


              • #8
                Indeed. It's a big capital investment to start a whole new line. All new molds and tooling, and then there's licensing fees. And to make enough $$ off of a design, you'd need to be able to make cars that had multiple liveries.
                And F1 cars would be a lot more susceptible to damage in a crash, especially as the cars get 1/24 scale. Which means to keep the customers happy you'd have to also invest in selling parts.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by burad View Post
                  And F1 cars would be a lot more susceptible to damage in a crash, especially as the cars get 1/24 scale. Which means to keep the customers happy you'd have to also invest in selling parts.
                  And that is going to be an issue. Carrera has been getting out of the parts business the last few years. What used to be common replacement parts is just about limited to braids and guide keels now. I've gone back and forth with COA as late as 1 month ago for parts and they just can't get an answer from Austria as far as replacement parts even on current cars.

                  Dave

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                    And that is going to be an issue. Carrera has been getting out of the parts business the last few years. What used to be common replacement parts is just about limited to braids and guide keels now. I've gone back and forth with COA as late as 1 month ago for parts and they just can't get an answer from Austria as far as replacement parts even on current cars.

                    Dave

                    You are right they have spare parts only for new cars and not all spare parts on carrera-toys.com I check about spare parts when I need for my old 132 F1 cars and they didn't have almost nothing so I order from new f1 cars and pray that it will work


                    This is standard spare parts for new digital 124 car:
                    Front axle
                    Rear axle
                    Engine
                    Tyres
                    Double grinder, 10 pcs, from 2007
                    2 guide keels incl. 8 double grinders, from 2007
                    Rocker bar
                    Digital 124 Decoder

                    132 cars have much less spare parts (depends on car).
                    Last edited by Bkaradza; 07-30-2018, 11:42 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I remember this coming up before when Dave K. worked for Carrera and he noted that the cost of making the F1 cars was higher than the others which translates into poor profit margin for Carrera.

                      I love the F1 cars & would definitely buy 124.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We made these using the old Carrera F1 cars. They were a mess but with enough time and know how, they are pretty fun.

                        [YOUTUBE]i5RmHWxF8BM[/YOUTUBE]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
                          We made these using the old Carrera F1 cars. They were a mess but with enough time and know how, they are pretty fun.
                          Bruce, where did those bodies come from? I've seen some nice F1s with brass chassis and bodies from ABS static kits. The bodies look great but also super delicate as you would expect.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            These are the old Carrera Exclusiv F1 cars I have used for this. Replacing both axles and fitting them with Scaleauto wheels/rims. The front wheels are stock foam wheels, the rears are only rims and I made a mold for the tires.
                            Fitted a D132 chip in the main body, but had to re-locate the IR LED - the chip is too far from the guide flag and it wouldn't change lanes consistently. Had to make a little brass piece to mount the LED to the chassis.

                            I think I built 10 of these for the gang in Cincy, but unfortunately we never got to race them....

                            Cheers!

                            Seb

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Does Scaleauto or any other manufacturer make D124 F1 cars?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X