Help with Carrera digital track problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Carrera digital track problems

I have a large layout, approximately 100+ foot lane length. My CU is about 2 years old, and I have one set of power jumpers in place.
    Problems include:
    - after a few laps even with 2 cars, the lights on the cars start to flash while driving.
    - with 3 cars running, one of the cars begins to drive by "itself" without any interaction from the wireless controller, while the headlights on all 3 cars are flashing. Before the one car begins driving by itself, speed reduces on that car significantly and does not respond to action from the wireless controller
    - the other 2 cars are using the wired upgraded controllers
    Suggestions, advice, diagnostic help greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you have the fuel turned on the CU. What you describe is exactly what happens when the car runs out of fuel. The lights flash and the car reduces speed. The only way to clear it is to go into the pits and fuel. If you don't have a pit lane then you need to turn the fuel off.
    Dave

Comment

Simple Solution

Thanks, Dave. Of course, that's what it was.

Comment

Itís recommended you have jumpers every 15 feet. The lack of power may be causing some of your issues.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
          Itís recommended you have jumpers every 15 feet. The lack of power may be causing some of your issues.
          Yea. Having trouble posting the last two days. Yesterday I wanted to suggest at least 5 jumpers for a track that size, with one before every lane changer or pit entry switch and at every accessory (driver display, start light, etc) track.

Comment

Working...
          X