Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Slot.it cars with D132 chip. Need some advice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Slot.it cars with D132 chip. Need some advice.

So we are running a series with the Slot.it DTM cars with Carrera D132 chips in them. The cars just don't seem to run smoothly like an analog Slot.it would. I have a DTM which has the little chip on top of the motor. It can be a little herky jerky. I have a Slot.it Porsche that does not have the little chip and it seems to run as it should. Before I remove the chip or try swapping the motor, I figured I see what you guys have/are experiencing.

• DRW-FJ40
    replied
    Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
    OK, I finally got back to this last night. So I took the Carrera braid out of the brass clips and used them in the Slot.it guide. It still can be trouble if you don't fluff the braids. The Carrera braid is better in the scenario but you will need a good FLUFFER. lol
    I have developed my own little set of hand made tools for working with braids... nothing fancy mind you... but I don't have a fluffer... I'll work on that.

Leave a comment:

• CincySlots
    replied
    OK, I finally got back to this last night. So I took the Carrera braid out of the brass clips and used them in the Slot.it guide. It still can be trouble if you don't fluff the braids. The Carrera braid is better in the scenario but you will need a good FLUFFER. lol

Leave a comment:

• DRW-FJ40
    replied
    DRW, I thought I replied to this. Maybe it was lost in the multiple logins. From what I can tell, it's all in the braids. When the braids have a nice curl on the ends, the cars seem to have no issues. Once the start to flatten out the stutter issues are back. You can make run a complete race without any problems. My next step is to use Carrera braid and see if that will fix the problems altogether. We only had 4 guys racing in this series. We were supposed to have a 5th but he only showed once. We were hoping with his knowledge of Slot.it cars, we could have come up with a fix. So to answer your question, they are running well but I think we cn still tweak them to run better.
    Thanks for the update Bruce, that describes my issues with Pioneer cars as well. Finicky little devils.

Leave a comment:

• OldStrombeckerGuy
    replied
    DRW, I thought I replied to this. Maybe it was lost in the multiple logins. From what I can tell, it's all in the braids. When the braids have a nice curl on the ends, the cars seem to have no issues. Once the start to flatten out the stutter issues are back. You can make run a complete race without any problems. My next step is to use Carrera braid and see if that will fix the problems altogether. We only had 4 guys racing in this series. We were supposed to have a 5th but he only showed once. We were hoping with his knowledge of Slot.it cars, we could have come up with a fix. So to answer your question, they are running well but I think we cn still tweak them to run better.
    Will be following this, Bruce, to see how the Carrera braids work out. My Slot.it Lola B09/60 chip conversion is on hold.

Leave a comment:

• CincySlots
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DRW-FJ40
    replied
    Originally posted by slim9 View Post
    I had ha same problem with my Slot it chipped cars. Somewhere on this site is a tutorial for Slot it cars. I did what they suggested, push the braid forward, to spread them, and widen the spacing. It worked like a charm.
    I've found that the braids on my scaley and pioneer cars with Carson plug need a little more personal attention than the Carrera braids do.

Thanks guys. Iíll give it a shot.
    Bruce, Did you get this working well? I've got two slot it's I've had for a while & been wanting to chip them & this thread made me think twice... might be a good YouTube topic for your channel...

Leave a comment:

• CincySlots
    replied
    Thanks guys. Iíll give it a shot.

Leave a comment:

• slim9
    replied
    I had ha same problem with my Slot it chipped cars. Somewhere on this site is a tutorial for Slot it cars. I did what they suggested, push the braid forward, to spread them, and widen the spacing. It worked like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• dw5555
    replied
    I've only done 3 in the past but this was awhile ago. I don't remember any of them having a chip on top of the motor. Never had any issues with them.

Leave a comment:

• b.yingling
    replied
    I find chipped slot.it's to be very, very finicky re: their braids. All of my chipped slot.it's are from the classic series: Chaparral, Alfa, Ferarri 312, Ford GT, McLaren and Matra. What works best for me is to curl the braids toward the track very slightly, and then, oddly enough, fold about 1/8" of the tip back on itself, so that there is a slight, stiffened bump on the end of the braid. My track has quite a bit of elevation change, including some spots where the car can go airborne, so I always add some weight to the front as well to keep the braids planted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X