Carrera wheelbase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera wheelbase

Is there a list off the various different wheelbases on Carrera's 1/32 cars? I'd at least like to find out the shortest (digital) one made.

I don't think any such list exists but if I had to guess it would be the Cheetah or maybe VW.

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
      I don't think any such list exists but if I had to guess it would be the Cheetah or maybe VW.
      Thanks for the response dw. Maybe someone knows the wheelbases of those 2 cars.

I tend to use custom bodies (usually resin) for additions to my stable of cars. Although I've converted other chassis with Carrera digital chips, I prefer the original Carreras. Right now I'm dealing with a resin Dodge A-100 that I want to make a replica of Bill 'MAVERICK' Golden's wheelie truck. The wheelbase is around 2 & 7/8". s-l640.jpg

Comment

Are you looking at 1/32 or 1/24?
        Nevermind, I see at 2 7/8" it's 1/32.

Comment

Hey Cuda, Dave may have nailed it for ya..
          WHEEL BASE REAR TRACK FRONT TRACK
          Cheetah 2 13/16" 2 3/8" 2 1/4"
          GRP 5 VW 3" 2 3/8" 2 1/8"
          track width measured from the outside of the tires.
          Randy

Comment

Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
            Hey Cuda, Dave may have nailed it for ya..
            WHEEL BASE REAR TRACK FRONT TRACK
            Cheetah 2 13/16" 2 3/8" 2 1/4"
            GRP 5 VW 3" 2 3/8" 2 1/8"
            track width measured from the outside of the tires.
            Randy
            I don't know if those were ever offered with digital chips but I did see some listed as 'digital ready'. It looks like it'd make a perfect donor! Thanks 32ilKIING.

Comment

Both were available as digital cars

Comment

Also I just found out that the Porsche RSR GT3 have a 2 7/8" wheelbase if your still looking. Those shouldn't be to hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                  Also I just found out that the Porsche RSR GT3 have a 2 7/8" wheelbase if your still looking. Those shouldn't be to hard to find.
                  Thanks again dw.. Those Cheetahs are pretty pricey for donor cars but I see the Porsche is more reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                  X