R0 Curve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R0 Curve

I once saw online a guy who made a curve that is so tight it fits inside a 1/60 curve. Does anybody know what Iím talking about and if so could you send me the link to where he is selling it?

If you are talking about Carrera track you are looking for Brad Bowman. He makes a hairpin/squeeze section that fits inside a Carrera 1/60 curve. He is a SCI advertiser so I think it is ok to post a link. The SCI forum name is "Brad Bowmans custom slotcar tracks".
    Here is the link to the website
    http://www.bradstracks.com/

Click on the "custom track sections" on the left side of the homepage.
    Randy

Comment

As if R1 curves aren't bad enough..
      Dave

Comment

Is there video of how cars handle that Hairpin he creates? It looks great, but I can't imagine a car, let alone a Fly Truck handles it very well.

Comment

LOL, you guys with your phobia about tight turns. Learn to slow down better! ;-)
          I've run all manner of cars through my Scalextric R1 turns, on the INSIDE lane, with no problems, and that includes Fly trucks and a variety of 1/24 cars, let alone 1/32 cars. They can get around them just fine if you know how to properly drive a complex road course. :P
          So long as Brad's thing has slots wide enough to prevent those long, thick Carrera guides from binding, and I'm sure it does, it's fine. If you want or need it for your layout, get it and enjoy it.

Comment

If you look closely at the photos on Brad's site, you can see that it works basically the opposite of Carrera's recently added "hairpin curve". Carrera's hairpin is an R1 curve in which the slots turn in tighter than the standard R1 line, leaving extra track surface on the outside of the curve. Brad's R0 pushes the slots to the outside of what would be the standard parallel lines, meaning there is less than the usual space outside of the slots.

That will be okay if the lanes on Brad's R0 track go the same direction as the lanes on an R1 curve immediately outside it. However, if the layout puts the R0 and R1 lanes in opposite directions, there is going to be a high risk of collision between cars meeting on the curve - not quite head-on, but still could be nasty.

It could be a useful piece of track, but be careful how you apply it in your layout.

Comment

Be like Nike. ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X