Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current pit with new black box?

Dave, et al,
    I understand that the new BB (30352) coming soon will provide new features and is required for all the new track accessories, including the new pit stop lane (30356). Only the new pit and BB combination will provide the data for the new driver display and so on.

My question is, would the current pit stop lane (30346) function with the new black box to serve as a pace car pit?

If it would work, those folks who have a current pit unit could still have a use for it with the new BB. And retailers clearing out existing stock of 30346s can promote an ongoing use for it.

Just asking. Thanks,
    Phil

Originally posted by DrumPhil View Post
    Dave, et al,
    My question is, would the current pit stop lane (30346) function with the new black box to serve as a pace car pit?

If it would work, those folks who have a current pit unit could still have a use for it with the new BB. And retailers clearing out existing stock of 30346s can promote an ongoing use for it.

Phil
    According to the info provided at the toy show in February, you can buy an adapter track to make an existing pit perform all the functions of the new pit with the new BB. You don't have to buy the entire pit lane. A quick check of the Carrera USA website confirms this. Part #30361.

Unmodified, there's no reason it won't work as a pace car pit.

Comment

Working...
    X