This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v2.224 is on the site.

Among the bugs fixed: the decimal separator issue discussed a few months ago. Also adds some new sound events.

Comment

• While racing this weekend discovered a problem with the two new sound events added in v2.224. When in a race (did not see this in practice mode), the audio reporting of the race wide best lap time and personal best lap time will generate an error. Recommend just turning off these two new events until a new release fixes it.

Comment

• v2.225 is up. It fixes the in race sound errors generated by 2.224 when using the two new sound events.

While racing last weekend, I also discovered problems with using the penalty system. If you had ticked the 'Slow cars in Penalty' box, it didn't properly set and restore the penalized car's speed. This now acts as intended, only slowing the car if it enters a penalty condition (no more laps counted). If the penalty is cleared before the 'Pending' phase of the penalty ends, the car is never slowed down and does not need to have it's speed reset. This lessens the chance of a track data error causing the car to lose all of it's settings.
        Last edited by b.yingling; 02-17-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• v2.226 is up. Individual lap times were not being saved and displayed properly on the lap times screen. The first lap's time was being discarded, and the last lap's time was being duplicated. This has been fixed.

Comment

• What does the box “score all cars in a timed race “ do? Tick or untick

Comment

• Originally posted by buspor63 View Post
              What does the box “score all cars in a timed race “ do? Tick or untick
              There is no such box?

Closest thing I know of: in Advanced Mode, on the 'Rotations' page, there is a check box for 'Count all crossings in timed heats'

When I am on that page and hit the F1 key, the displayed help page includes this:

"After initial (timed) heat, count all crossings as a lap
              This setting is relevant only when you use the track power control feature by Bruce.
              Generally not something you would want to do unless you have track power controlled from the software. If you're running a sequence of timed heats, drivers begin the next heat from where they ended the previous heat- so partial laps are not lost. Say you are 1 meter past the lap counter at the end of a timed heat (and track power is cut by the computer). Then you start from the same spot in the next heat, and when you cross the lap counter the first time a lap is counted.
              If you don't have your track wired like that, it is probably not an option you want to use. Unless you have a race steward who cuts power (the 'start' button on the Black Box?) as soon as the timed heat is over."

This section of the help file should be updated (well, the stuff that comes up in Advanced Mode should *all* be updated), as the software can now simulate a press of the CU Start button and raise the start lights to cut track power at the end of a heat. Which makes this feature much more useful.
              Last edited by b.yingling; 04-26-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• That's exactly what I wanted to know. I do apologize for the mis-wording , I was going on memory. I really need to explore the F1 help key more.
                I do use the track power feature, it's useful to keep racers from running over each other.
                thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X