Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually because of the size putting it in would be a piece of cake. The hotter motor should not be an issue, alot of people have run performance motors with the chips with very little problems but there is always the chance. I don't think anyone knows for sure how much power they will actually take but I would think the stock Scaleauto motor wouldn't be a problem..

Dave

Comment

Newbie question is the trains oil and grease kits the same as for the slot cars.

Comment

Jucava,
        Welcome to the forum!
        I use oil and grease that is marketed for trains on my cars, as long as it is plastic compatible, it will
        work fine.
        Randy

Comment

I used to work on antique clocks and have plenty of left over clock oil that I use. Never been an issue.

Dave

Comment

Well colour me impressed! Today was a first try for me to true the tires to see what all the fuss was about, my god what a difference! After doing the Aston and seeing the lap time drop by almost a second, I got a new out of the box 458 and tested that. Ran it for a while to get a benchmark lap time of 6.2 seconds. Trued the tires and tried again.....laps down to 5.1 seconds, and not even applied any lubricants yet.

All the cars going to get treated tomorrow. Wonder if I'll miss the drifting...

Comment

It wont last that long until your cars starts drifting Again........ :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dazee View Post
                Wonder if I'll miss the drifting...
                Scotty I need more power....
                Aye Captain and the drifting will return after running around the galaxy a few times....

Dave

Comment

Lube

One of the retailers who sells little bottles of "slot car oil" with a needle applicator, confided in me that the contents was simply Mobil 1 synthetic oil. If you use Mobil 1 in your real car, there will be enough residue in the bottom of each bottle to last a long time for slot car use.

Comment

I think there could be some validity to plastic safe oil but... maybe not... You use so little I figure why take a chance on melting plastic. I used a tube of Lionel oil that came with a train set I got years ago until it ran out then bought a bottle of "special slot car oil", can't say I notice a difference in performance but I have come to appreciate the needle nose applicator.

Comment

3 and 1 sewing machine oil used sparingly is sufficient. Grease is good on gears plastic gears are pretty much self lubricating. If you are just running a few times once in a while, a little oil every few months will be fine. If you are club racing with longer run times and frequent races, grease and better grades of oil will benefit the car.

Comment

Working...
                      X