Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you've got a winner, there. You could even get another lane changer in the infield and on the main straight (inside lane to outside lane to avoid people leaving the pit lane).

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
      I think you've got a winner, there. You could even get another lane changer in the infield and on the main straight (inside lane to outside lane to avoid people leaving the pit lane).
      Yep he did a great job using what track I have and a fun looking design. I like the idea of the lane changers you brought up. Not sure if there is room on the 6X14 to put in beside the pit. Looks like there is. That sure would take away any traffic problem. Thanks

Comment

OH! I forgot to ask this question :

I will be wanting to also consider Analog on this track for a few months of the year. I don't want it to be a dual digital/analog with a switch. It's a long story but I basically this track will not be up during the summer here so it will be a 8 month setup. I know that just with some soldering and wiring this can be done but I have plenty of track to work with so I prefer not to do that.
        Anyway if I pull the lanechangers and the control unit can I just replace with an analog power track and straights? Also how about the power extender straights I have that extends the power connects. Can they be used for analog also?
        On the analog power track what model number for Carrera would be best to use?
        Thanks again guys for you assistance!

Comment

Originally posted by arizona_lew View Post
          OH! I forgot to ask this question :

I will be wanting to also consider Analog on this track for a few months of the year. I don't want it to be a dual digital/analog with a switch. It's a long story but I basically this track will not be up during the summer here so it will be a 8 month setup. I know that just with some soldering and wiring this can be done but I have plenty of track to work with so I prefer not to do that.
          Anyway if I pull the lanechangers and the control unit can I just replace with an analog power track and straights? Also how about the power extender straights I have that extends the power connects. Can they be used for analog also?
          On the analog power track what model number for Carrera would be best to use?
          Thanks again guys for you assistance!
          Yes, if you replace the special digital tracks with plain track, you can use the layout as an analog track.

As long as your jumpers/boosters/extenders don't directly connect both lanes together between the controllers and the track, you can use the jumpers/boosters/extenders with both analog and digital. The way to think of it is that you need to wire the track so you can use it as an analog layout, with whatever "analog" boosters/jumpers/extenders you want, then remove the analog controllers/power and connect the digital box-to-track output to both lanes at the point where you removed the analog controllers.

For distribution between the lanes when running digital, you could connect the lanes together on the lane changers, so it's automatically removed when you remove the changers.
          Last edited by thatguy01; 06-15-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Okay, here's a 14x6 with a curved lane changer and six 1/60 curves.

The curved changer isn't listed in the parts. Note that you need that particular changer in that position to set up for the following pit entrance.

Comment

Another nice design! Thanks thatguy01.

Where would you put the power jumpers and I assume close to the control unit?

Comment

These layouts have about 50 joints. I bet that jumpers connected about 15--20 joints clockwise and counterclockwise from the main power track would be fine. I would also tie together the lanes on the lane changer pieces, if you're going to remove the switch tracks for analog racing.

Comment

Originally posted by thatguy01 View Post
                  Sorry, this 14x6 layout might be a better match to your inventory.

These layouts should fit on a 5' 11" table except for the extra bit of the control box that is wider than a standard border.

thatguy01 ! That's the layout I have gone with. I am waiting on 4 more outside shoulders I have coming in and it will be done. I have decided not to do inside shoulders...for now as I anticipate it being a 1/32 digital track and maybe analog later. I do however have 3 1/24 cars that we will run and see if we want to pursue 1/24 again.
                  When I get it all done I will try to post pictures here and maybe a video of racing on it. From the little bit I have tried it out it really flows well.
                  Again thanks for your help on this!

Comment

Working...
                  X