Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the sounds of it you are using the BB not CU ??

You can still purchase the old style and if later on down the track! you upgrade to the new CU all you need to do is purchase the pit stop adapter.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Scootcar50 View Post
      By the sounds of it you are using the BB not CU ??

You can still purchase the old style and if later on down the track! you upgrade to the new CU all you need to do is purchase the pit stop adapter.

Cheers
      I am using the new CU but since I don't have a pit stop, I don't use the fuel feature. I'm just trying decide which pit stop to put on my Christmas list. The older one is in my daughters budget sweet spot but if the value of the new one is worth the extra money, I'll just go get my own and put something else on the list.

Comment

Boy Carrera Digital with the new CU and NO pit lane for refuelling!!

Definitely get the new one.

Put it on the list and attach the price difference in cash to list.

Merry you know what.

Comment

Added new pit lane to track and control unit beeps and car lights flash

Hey all - I'm new to Digital and we got the whole track and control unit set up this afternoon. All is working until we add the new pit stop.

Once the new pit lane is added to the system, after about a 1/2 of a lap the car lights start to flash and the control unit starts to beep in what sounds like morse code and some of the cars slow.

Also, I noticed the pit lane switching unit (used to enter the pit lane) is making a constant hum/buzz. Any ideas?

I've tried all the available modes from off to on to real with no success.

Help! I hope I've posted this in the right space

Comment

Rider1999, there's a similar discussion that appears to be the same problems as yours, I believe your pit lane entry track is probably bad. I had the same the same problems recently, all the cars act as they are out of fuel and random Laps are counted making the CU beep for no reason.
            http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=56528

Comment

Thanks Burton! I checked out the following post and all is working now. Dave Kennedy from Carrera responded with lighting speed and offered to resolve the problem and the original retailer (www.GoMotorBids.com) also finally responded and really impressed me with their willingness to replace the pit lane in a matter of only a few days. Again, all is working now and we are having a blast. We had 20 kids over last night and the carrera race track was the hit of the event. I can't believe how well the tracks and cars held up to that many 8 year olds. Thanks again

Comment

Hello all,

I am new to this as well and have been reading through the forums for a few weeks to find an answer.

Can I run a pitstop with just a BB????? I have the newer BB (no prox - came with the daytona set).

As well, if I get the CU 30352 does that replace the BB, so it is no longer hooked up to the track?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Comment

Yes to both questions.

If you do not have the CU, the pit stop will still work. You can't hook up a position tower or driver displays, and no fuel information is available to computer software, but the fuel functions will still work.
                  Last edited by b.yingling; 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Thank you.

Will grab the newer pitstop 30356 first then the CU then I guess the computer hookup to watch fuel management.

Thanks again.

Comment

defective 30356 help

Dave could you pm me about a warranty issue I'm have with my pit lane. I am new to this site and don't know how to pm. My pit lane won't reset after a car enters the pit. I bought this pit in December and I have the receipt. Thanks

Comment

With the new PL adapter piece where would you place this in a double pitane? Before the LC secion or would you need, two, after the LC for each pitlane?

Comment

It will work both ways.
                          I have had it set up a bunch of different ways and ended with one in each pit bay.

This ended up being the best set-up for all the people that race on my track. It's easy for everyone to use, because no matter what way you go you end up in a pit bay. With the pit lane adapter, once you stop you have to refuel. So with the pit lane adapter right after the pit entrance, but before the double lane part of the pits. People would stop before they were in their pit bay, then go in their pit, but then could not refuel. Once they figured out that they had to refuel if the stopped, then they did refuel, but then no one could get by them making the double pit useless. So for our group this works out the best, so for now that is the way I am going to keep it. You should try different set-ups and see what works out for you.

Randy

Comment

I've been collecting Carrera parts for my "someday" routed D132 track.
                            I have the CU #30352 and the pit stop adapter #30361. Can I use a standard lane change as a pit in or must I use the Carrera pit in? Meaning, is there something different about the circuit board for the pit in section.

Comment

The Carrera pit entrance has different electronics in it so that ghost cars don't enter the pits. If you don't plan on running ghost cars then you wouldn't need it.

Randy

Comment

Thanks for the info. We usually have 4_6 driven cars on track any way and I don't think a no mag ghost car would present much of a challenge.

I could imagine a pace car would not work either.

Comment

Working...
                                X