This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Carrera Wireless Compatability

I'm new to all this but I think I've already messed up. Here's the question on Carrera wireless compatability issues. I want to ultimately have six people operate six cars together on my new track. I bought two Carrera wireless complete new race sets and a separate wireless set (two controllers and a tower)thinking they would all work together fine but I've just read some controllers work with 2010 and after some do not. What do I need to make everything work? Carrera part numbers would be a big help. Here's what I have now ... thank you! ...
    Carrera Pro GT "Wireless" Race Set model #30142
    http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/produ...-gt-173/#30142
    Carrera GT Racers "Wireless" Race Set model #30132
    http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/produ...4#/description
    Carrera Wireless Set (just 2 controllers & tower) model#10106
    http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/produ...reless-set-56/

Will all the above Carrera equipment work together to allow six wireless cars to operate at once or do I have to order some additional Carrera part? (Carrera part # very much appreciated)

Thanks very much gentleman....
    Last edited by Ponderwilu; 03-22-2011, 11:26 AM.

I am speculating from what Ive read, but I think you have what you need for 6 wireless controllers, the description of #10106 says there are 6 different frequencies here so I think as long as you have at least 2 of the newer controllers with the LED's you can set them to 5 & 6 . If I remember teh older controllers had dip switches for controllers 1-4.
    I haven't had 6 controllers I just got 2 wireless controllers last week but that's the way I understand it.... oh yea and for me the range is much more than 10' with new batteries
    Last edited by Burtonbr; 03-22-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I agree. I think it will all work together. I have four wireless controllers. 2 from the same GT Pro set you bought and 2 after-market-- IIRC, the same as you listed in your link.

Assuming you don't have them in your possession now- after they arrive.

Turn off the Black Box or new Control Unit.
      Hold the lane change button on the wireless controller.
      Turn on the Black Box/Control Unit
      Release the lane change button

This will connect the wireless controller to the tower.

The two additional wireless controllers I bought had green colored thumb holders but I am certain the ones in the link work just fine.

Comment

Carrera made two styles of wireless controller. Some (older) have a dip switch on top, some have an LED (newer).

All Carrera wireless controllers will work with the new control unit. Only the new style (LED on top of controller) will work with a Black Box that doesn't support Pro-X. That's what will be in set #30142. All Carrera wireless controllers will work with the older Black Box, the one that has a Pro-X mode. The GT racers (#30132) set may have the old controllers in it, but if it does, it will also have an older Black Box, and all of the controllers you ordered will work with it.

You're fine. It depends exactly when the 30132 set you're getting was manufactured. It may have the old style BB and controller, it may have the new. But either way you will be OK.

If and when you get one of the new control units, it will all still work.
        Last edited by b.yingling; 03-22-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Ahhhhh so glad I joined this forum. Thanks fellas'.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
            Carrera made two styles of wireless controller. Some (older) have a dip switch on top, some have an LED (newer).

All Carrera wireless controllers will work with the new control unit. Only the new style (LED on top of controller) will work with a Black Box that doesn't support Pro-X. That's what will be in set #30142. All Carrera wireless controllers will work with the older Black Box, the one that has a Pro-X mode. The GT racers (#30132) set may have the old controllers in it, but if it does, it will also have an older Black Box, and all of the controllers you ordered will work with it.

You're fine. It depends exactly when the 30132 set you're getting was manufactured. It may have the old style BB and controller, it may have the new. But either way you will be OK.

If and when you get one of the new control units, it will all still work.
            I have the black box that doesn't support pro-x. Planning on getting the new CU.

So if I buy any wireless set - old or new - it will work on the black box and with the new CU?

I ask because the store store says it won't work with the new CU. Thanks.

Comment

As Bruce has said above, ALL the wireless controllers will work with the CU.
              [YOUTUBE]dav0F_aCiLk[/YOUTUBE]

If you buy the 10106 wireless set it will work with the newer (non Pro-X) BB.

Comment

Thank-you again, just ordered.

Comment

One of the main differences is that the new wireless set support 6 controlers and the old only 4.

I never had the old one. But I understood this from my internet searchs (6 frequencies ).

Comment

The controller is the only difference between new and old 'sets'. If you have an older BB, or the new CU, you can mix and match old and new wireless controllers. The DIP switch controllers are restricted to ID1..4, the LED controllers can take ID 1..6. If you have a newer BB, you can only use the LED controllers. A BB w/o Pro-X mode (all newer BBs) will not recognize the DIP switch controllers, but the CU will.

Comment

Carrera Wireless controllers

i m interested in purchasing a couple of these but from Videos ive seen it seems to me that the wireless have very small delay when pushing the throttle or stopping ....is this correct ?

and i also have a large track and was wondering if the length of the track would make a difference?

thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by vinny25 View Post
                        i m interested in purchasing a couple of these but from Videos ive seen it seems to me that the wireless have very small delay when pushing the throttle or stopping ....is this correct ?

and i also have a large track and was wondering if the length of the track would make a difference?

thanks in advance!
                        There is no no noticeable delay while using them.

The newer ones do kick in their 'sleep' mode a little too quick for my liking. That means you need to squeeze the lane change button before squeezing the throttle, or there will be a slight delay as it 'wakes'.

My track table is more than 22ft long and a little over 7ft at it's narrowest point (almost 11ft at widest point). I have two towers and you can walk all the way around the track while driving your car.

I love using them for casual laps and less-than-serious racing. Which is about all we do at my house. If teeth gritting, butt clenching, gotta win gotta win gotta win racing is what you're after, I'd stay with wired. The line of sight issues make them (the wireless) a bad choice.
                        Last edited by b.yingling; 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Well put Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
                            There is no no noticeable delay while using them.

The newer ones do kick in their 'sleep' mode a little too quick for my liking. That means you need to squeeze the lane change button before squeezing the throttle, or there will be a slight delay as it 'wakes'.

My track table is more than 22ft long and a little over 7ft at it's narrowest point (almost 11ft at widest point). I have two towers and you can walk all the way around the track while driving your car.

I love using them for casual laps and less-than-serious racing. Which is about all we do at my house. If teeth gritting, butt clenching, gotta win gotta win gotta win racing is what you're after, I'd stay with wired. The line of sight issues make them (the wireless) a bad choice.

thanks for the advice, My actual goal is to be able to drive the cars from different areas around the track. so that the line of sight is or can be different at any time while driving.

what do you mean about the line of sight make the wireless a bad choice? i thought the wireless controller would improve visability by allowing you to be anywhere around the track..

Comment

The wireless controllers MUST have a clear view of the tower every lap all the time. So if someone reaches in front of you (so they block the controllers "view" of the tower) or you lower the controller below the edge of the table, the controllers will not work and the car will stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X