This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
    Daniel and Randy were right, I can't stop and I have 10 chips left just waiting for cars
    Al

Your killin me Al, I held onto my lowly single chip for 4 months lookin for just the right car. Between you and your chipping, and Modeler Bob with a new car every other day, man I will never catch up.
    Have a good trip my friend
    Dave

Comment

• Hey Al......I am in Westford, Mass and you in NJ, just 4.5 - 5 driving hours.......I do have like 10 chips waiting for more than 7 months to be placed in cars. Would you accept to come a full weekend to race at home and chip cars. I will provide food and all the accommodations for you to do a nice job !!!!

Nice job again AL......and have a nice vacation time.

Daniel

PS: would you like to return through Boston ?

Comment

• Ohh yea!! I like that car, I gotta have one never seen that one before....

Comment

• I love how Daniel thinks. I'm in for that too..

Hey al I'll bring my cars and chips..wil up you please work while Daniel and I play and eat food.

Comment

• Originally posted by DucatiDern View Post
            I love how Daniel thinks. I'm in for that too..

Hey al I'll bring my cars and chips..wil up you please work while Daniel and I play and eat food.
            Guys,
            To almost quote a great movie, If you send them, I'll chip them. Hint "Field of Dreams"
            I know it not even close but I'm tired of driving and I think my brain is srambled.

Daniel,
            I was looking on my map and Boston is a little bit out of my way when returning from Chicago to New Jersey But it was a nice invite.
            Thanks
            Al

Comment

• Originally posted by DucatiDern View Post
              I love how Daniel thinks. I'm in for that too..

YEA..... I like that idea......but wasn't that call "slavery" 100+ years ago ?

Doesn't matter, he work and we play

Comment

• Does anyone know if the MRRC Mark IV are wide enough and have the inside room for a Carerra chip? Here's a link to the car--> http://www.hotslots132.com/132-mrrc-...cPath=21_51_77

I think the Mark IVs are beautiful-- not sure how the MRRC drives, handles but I am interested.

Comment

• Has anyone chipped one of Cartrix's Grand Prix Legends?

I just watched Grand Prix again last night, and would love to see a couple of those old cigars on wheels running around my track someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spraggih View Post
                    Does anyone know if the MRRC Mark IV are wide enough and have the inside room for a Carerra chip? Here's a link to the car--> http://www.hotslots132.com/132-mrrc-...cPath=21_51_77

I think the Mark IVs are beautiful-- not sure how the MRRC drives, handles but I am interested.
                    I would suggest you use the 26740 also known as the Indy car chip. If it fits the 427 Shelby, it should fit the Mark IV, the Shelby's chassis is only about 1 1/2" wide.
                    Al

Last edited by porscheman; 11-18-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Hi Phil

I doubt that you will fit any of the Carrera chips in the Catrix

I would have really liked to have got this Caterham chipped but just no room.

As a joke I fitted a roof chip.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Scootcar50 View Post
                        Hi Phil

I doubt that you will fit any of the Carrera chips in the Catrix

I would have really liked to have got this Caterham chipped but just no room.

As a joke I fitted a roof chip.

Cheers
                        Scoot.
                        Thanks for the heads up, I was going try the Caterham next You just save me some cash, well not really I'll just find something else.
                        Thanks
                        Al

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumPhil View Post
                          Has anyone chipped one of Cartrix's Grand Prix Legends?

I just watched Grand Prix again last night, and would love to see a couple of those old cigars on wheels running around my track someday.
                          Phil and Scoot......Why not a D143 chip ?. Those are really small.

If you have the CU You will lose speed and brake control but you will have all the other functions. If your track is only digital this could be a great solution. You can buy a D143 car for $17 to take the chip out. Carrera do not sell those chips. If interested I can PM/email who sell those cars at such price (standard price $20-$29)

Daniel

Here is a picture of a D143 beside a F1 D132 chip

Last edited by slotcardaniel; 11-18-2011, 06:21 PM. Reason: added pictures

Comment

• Spraggih...

Originally posted by Spraggih View Post
                            Does anyone know if the MRRC Mark IV are wide enough and have the inside room for a Carerra chip? Here's a link to the car--> http://www.hotslots132.com/132-mrrc-...cPath=21_51_77

I have the MKIV and it is one my fastest cars and sticks to Carrera track like glue,too good actually[I am going to lesson the magnetic downforce,pull the rear magnet probably].I also have a couple of MRRC cobras,and the chassis are the same width.The MKIV has the new adjustable SEBRING chassis.The body is actually 1/2" wider than the chassis and there is a 1/4" gap between the body and chassis on each side.Looking at Al's cobra pic,that chip should fit.However there are 4 screws w/nuts on each side of the chassis to make it adjustable.You may have to move the front screws back a little to make room for the led.[should be no problem at all] The hieght[thickness] of the chassis in this area is about 5/16" on the MKIV compared to 5/32" on the cobra,so the chip will ride higher in the chassis.[Don't know if that might be a problem or not] The front bar magnet might have to be removed to clear the switch in the chip[just guessing as I don't have one of the 26740 Indycar chips to look at]You will lose some of the interior in the cockpit but you really can't see much detail in that area anyway.The really nice detail in this car's interior
                            is in the engine compartment viewed through the rear glass and that will be untouched because the motor is a long can style mounted inline,almost in the middle of the car.
                            Man,it would be so much easier if I knew how to upload and post pictures
                            This is one of my absolute favorite cars!

Good luck,

Randy
                            Last edited by 32lbKING; 11-18-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
                              Phil and Scoot......Why not a D143 chip ?. Those are really small.

Daniel
                              As we say in Aussie “Bugger”

I sold the Caterham last week as I hate shelf queens – Slot cars are meant to driven around the track.

Must remember the 1:43 digital for the future.

Cheers

Comment

• Great idea from Daniel about using a D143 donor for a chip. Most of my cars don't get run at max speed, so that would be a problem. But if it were something I really, really wanted to chip- and no way I could fit a D132 chip- I could always put a tamer motor in place as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X