Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars Converted to Carrera Digital

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Man,it would be so much easier if I knew how to upload and post pictures
    This is one of my absolute favorite cars!

    Randy,
    I sent you a PM on this.
    Al

    Comment


    • Originally posted by porscheman View Post
      I would suggest you use the 26740 also known as the Indy car chip. If it fits the 427 Shelby, it should fit the Mark IV, the Shelby's chassis is only about 1 1/2" wide.
      Al

      Thanks man! I really like those Mark IVs.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
        Great idea from Daniel about using a D143 donor for a chip. Most of my cars don't get run at max speed, so that would be a problem. But if it were something I really, really wanted to chip- and no way I could fit a D132 chip- I could always put a tamer motor in place as well.
        Agree......you can also reduce the Voltage. But, independently of what speed you like to use, if you do not have the analog option, and want those cars, to whom it is imposible to fit the D132 chip, going around the track, well these little D143 chip will make your dream real.

        I have not tried because i didn't have the need yet. For your info i also use 18V on these D143 chips.

        Cheers
        Daniel
        Last edited by slotcardaniel; 11-20-2011, 07:35 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
          Agree......you can also reduce the Voltage.
          Not really. The wireless controllers range is reduced with every drop in voltage, and the lane changers become unreliable if you drop to 12 volts or less.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
            Not really. The wireless controllers range is reduced with every drop in voltage, and the lane changers become unreliable if you drop to 12 volts or less.
            Great to know.........thank you Bruce


            Daniel

            Comment


            • So Daniel and Bruce what are the restrictions with the D143 chip on a D132 track, I understand no fuel or speed adjustment but what is the issue with the speed and changing to a lower power motor? Sorry guys I'm still trying to get my parts to do the dual analog/digital setup and get my head around what's involved with it and haven't even begun to look at this digital mixing (132/143) yet!!!
              Chris

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ottawaslotter View Post
                So Daniel and Bruce what are the restrictions with the D143 chip on a D132 track, I understand no fuel or speed adjustment but what is the issue with the speed and changing to a lower power motor? Sorry guys I'm still trying to get my parts to do the dual analog/digital setup and get my head around what's involved with it and haven't even begun to look at this digital mixing (132/143) yet!!!
                Chris
                Chris, my experience is with D143 chips and CU.

                SABATA has been using D143 chips with a BB. I am not sure if there are differences between the CU and BB. I am sure Bruce will know too.

                Going to the main point of your question, using a CU, the only differences between a D132 chip and D143 chip is that you lose the speed adjustment and brake adjustment. You will be running at full speed and full brake, like in analog in the old times. As Bruce suggested, if you like to race cars at lower power, using the CU to reduce the power, then you can't, so you have 3 options (a) race your car at 14-18 V full speed (as I do always), (b) change to a lower power motor, as suggested by Bruce and (c) just reduce a little below 14 V the Variable Power supply and not less than 12 V-13V , as suggested by Bruce.

                All the other digital functions remain the same.

                The big bonus, will be to use the D143 chip in cars that can not fit in any way a D132, like the cars mentioned in the previous page of this thread. It was an idea I had after reading Phil and Scoot postings.

                See the difference in size. If I am correct, I believe the F1 D132 chip is the smallest. Here is a comparative picture of both chips:



                Daniel
                Last edited by slotcardaniel; 11-20-2011, 06:29 PM.

                Comment


                • New toy added

                  Scaly MGB






                  Cheers
                  Last edited by Scootcar50; 11-22-2011, 08:56 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Scoot.
                    Nice clean workmanship Does the MG have lights? I was looking at that one. What chip did you use?
                    Once again, nice job,
                    Al

                    Comment


                    • Thanks Mr Chip (alias Al)

                      The MGB has lights front ones are orange which looks really good.

                      When I first looked at this I figured I would have to use an F1 chip but found I could fit the sedan chip which I did, so now the lights are working.

                      Only needed to remove a tiny bit of non essential interior sorry no photo as it was a bit of a contortion act to get all the wires in so I screwed it up straight away.

                      Very nice drive.

                      Cheers

                      Comment


                      • Scoot,
                        I'm going to a large hobby shop near Chicago named Al's tomorrow (believe it our not) I've been going to Al's for 35 years and already picked out 4 cars to chip. 2 Scalextric and 2 Slot it's. I'll post pictures tomorrow of my purchases, but I won't be able to chip them until I return from vacation next week.
                        Al

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
                          I have the MKIV and it is one my fastest cars and sticks to Carrera track like glue,too good actually[I am going to lesson the magnetic downforce,pull the rear magnet probably].I also have a couple of MRRC cobras,and the chassis are the same width.The MKIV has the new adjustable SEBRING chassis.The body is actually 1/2" wider than the chassis and there is a 1/4" gap between the body and chassis on each side.Looking at Al's cobra pic,that chip should fit.However there are 4 screws w/nuts on each side of the chassis to make it adjustable.You may have to move the front screws back a little to make room for the led.[should be no problem at all] The hieght[thickness] of the chassis in this area is about 5/16" on the MKIV compared to 5/32" on the cobra,so the chip will ride higher in the chassis.[Don't know if that might be a problem or not] The front bar magnet might have to be removed to clear the switch in the chip[just guessing as I don't have one of the 26740 Indycar chips to look at]You will lose some of the interior in the cockpit but you really can't see much detail in that area anyway.The really nice detail in this car's interior
                          is in the engine compartment viewed through the rear glass and that will be untouched because the motor is a long can style mounted inline,almost in the middle of the car.
                          Man,it would be so much easier if I knew how to upload and post pictures
                          This is one of my absolute favorite cars!

                          Good luck,

                          Randy
                          Hey Randy -- thanks. Would love to see pics, too. --Hank

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Scootcar50 View Post
                            Thanks Mr Chip (alias Al)
                            The MGB has lights front ones are orange which looks really good.
                            When I first looked at this I figured I would have to use an F1 chip but found I could fit the sedan chip which I did, so now the lights are working.
                            Only needed to remove a tiny bit of non essential interior sorry no photo as it was a bit of a contortion act to get all the wires in so I screwed it up straight away.
                            Very nice drive.
                            Cheers
                            Hey Scoot, I"ve been eyeballin this one too. Thanks for the info on the chip. Nice to know what fits.. Ya know I gotta tell ya, I'm impressed with Scaley cars. I've only chipped the 2 and I love the way they drive.
                            Dave

                            How's vacation Al? Wadcha buy at Al's?

                            Comment


                            • Hank...

                              Originally posted by Spraggih View Post
                              Hey Randy -- thanks. Would love to see pics, too. --Hank
                              Al sent me a step by step on posting pics,looks pretty straightforward[hmm... is that one word] Anyhow,I'll give it a try and those will be the first pictures I attempt.I won't get to it for a few days though.



                              Randy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                                Hey Scoot, I"ve been eyeballin this one too. Thanks for the info on the chip. Nice to know what fits.. Ya know I gotta tell ya, I'm impressed with Scaley cars. I've only chipped the 2 and I love the way they drive.
                                Dave

                                How's vacation Al? Wadcha buy at Al's?
                                Guy's
                                I did good at Al's Hobby today, they had buy 1 and get the 2nd for free. I picked up 4 cars for $98.00 total. I got the Slot it Sauber Mercedes, Scalextric Jaguar XKR GT3 and the Dodge Charger( which will be repainted in Plum Crazy) and a Flyslot Opet GT 2008. Quite a hall for under a 100 bucks

                                Scoot, I was going to get an MG but they sold the last one about 10 minutes before I got there.

                                Dave,
                                Vacation is great, no cell phone and 4 more slot car stores to go if the wife doesn't divorce me 1st. Of course there is that 14 hour drive home, but I'll be chipping as soon as I unload the van.
                                Don't eat to much tomorrow, have a Happy Thanksgiving.
                                Al







                                Last edited by porscheman; 11-23-2011, 10:19 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X