This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al that's a nice group of cars.
    I been wanting to pick up one of those scalextric Chargers, just have got one yet. I do have spray can of plum crazy though.
    Randy

Comment

• Monogram Corvette

This car has been sitting on the shelf above my bench tore apart since spring. A buddy of mine wanted to have it chipped, but when I took the body off and saw how little room there is to put
      a chip I didn't know if it could be done. At first I was going to mount the chip to the bottom of the interior and the LED would have to be mounted to the chassis. So I used chip 26741, this chip has the LED mounted out from the front of the chip and makes its removal easier.
      Well after a few false starts and a little more hacking it is now up and running.
      To see more pics use this link to my gallery
      http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...p?albumid=1643

Glued in some plastic angle to mount the chip too.
      Removed LED from chip, so it could be mounted remotely

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
        Dodge Charger( which will be repainted in Plum Crazy)

Al, I got some leftover blue if ya wanna use it!
        Dave

Comment

• I have some lighter green if you would rather

Comment

• Well, vacation is over I'm Back. The Scaley Jaguar is an easy chip with no interior modifications. A good car for your 1st chip job. Nice running car too.
            Al

Comment

• Nice car.....I like it. Very clean job.

Questions:

In all your chippings (lost count ~100) have you ever had any issue with the lights ?

In other words, have you seen any decrease in brightness after connecting the lights to the chip ?

Thanks
              Daniel

PS: Welcome back from vacation !!!!!!
              Last edited by slotcardaniel; 11-30-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
                Nice car.....I like it. Very clean job.

Questions:

In all your chippings (lost count ~100) have you ever have any issue with the lights ?

In other words, have you seen any decrease in brightness after connecting the lights to the chip ?

Thanks
                Daniel

PS: Welcome back from vacation !!!!!!
                Daniel,
                These newer Scaley's LED's are tiny but very bright and I haven't noticed any loss in brightness. The lights on this car are not as bright as Carrera's new Corvette with the yellow lights but are not bad.
                Thanks, it's nice to be back in New Jersey. Theres something you don't here often
                Al

Comment

• Looks good Al

I think Scalyís are the easiest cars to chip Ė most that I have done donít have any, or very little, interior.

Daniel
                  Canít say that I have had any drop in brightness.

Cheers

Comment

• Thank you guys

I will be chipping many cars soon because my track will be again 100% digital, so there will not be any other way if I want to see them around the track.

I will posting my work.

Daniel

Comment

• Hey Spraggih.. heres those pictures

[quote=32lbKING;571590]I have the MKIV and it is one my fastest cars and sticks to Carrera track like glue,too good actually[I am going to lesson the magnetic downforce,pull the rear magnet probably].I also have a couple of MRRC cobras,and the chassis are the same width.The MKIV has the new adjustable SEBRING chassis.The body is actually 1/2" wider than the chassis and there is a 1/4" gap between the body and chassis on each side.Looking at Al's cobra pic,that chip should fit.However there are 4 screws w/nuts on each side of the chassis to make it adjustable.You may have to move the front screws back a little to make room for the led.[should be no problem at all] The hieght[thickness] of the chassis in this area is about 5/16" on the MKIV compared to 5/32" on the cobra,so the chip will ride higher in the chassis.[Don't know if that might be a problem or not] The front bar magnet might have to be removed to clear the switch in the chip[just guessing as I don't have one of the 26740 Indycar chips to look at]You will lose some of the interior in the cockpit but you really can't see much detail in that area anyway.The really nice detail in this car's interior
                      is in the engine compartment viewed through the rear glass and that will be untouched because the motor is a long can style mounted inline,almost in the middle of the car.

Man,it would be so much easier if I knew how to upload and post pictures[quote]

TA DAAAA!!! THANKS AL I was able to post bigger pics but I could only get 1 at a time.Oh well,baby steps
                      If you go to my gallery there are more chassis pics and they will enlarge there.It is a 12mp camera, but picture quality sucks Probably operator error.
                      Hank,I hope the pictures aren't too late to help you out.
                      I've been under the weather for a few days,now it's my wifes turn.She's tougher than me though

Thanks again Al. Now that I can post a picture it will save a lot of two fingered typing

Randy

Comment

• Thanks for the pics!! They are very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrandy View Post
                          This car has been sitting on the shelf above my bench tore apart since spring. A buddy of mine wanted to have it chipped, but when I took the body off and saw how little room there is to put
                          a chip I didn't know if it could be done. At first I was going to mount the chip to the bottom of the interior and the LED would have to be mounted to the chassis. So I used chip 26741, this chip has the LED mounted out from the front of the chip and makes its removal easier.
                          Well after a few false starts and a little more hacking it is now up and running.
                          To see more pics use this link to my gallery
                          http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...p?albumid=1643

Glued in some plastic angle to mount the chip too.
                          Removed LED from chip, so it could be mounted remotely

Good pics Randy. I was at the LHS today and was lookin at the their Daytona Cobra. I was wondering if a chip would fit and this looks to be about the same size, but I don't know if it's front motored like this one. Anyone know? Is there any other mfg that makes a rear motored/sidewinder config in the Daytona Cobra? Next on on the list!
                          Dave

Comment

• The daytona is front motored just like the Corvette GS, just a bit narrower and with even bigger diameter rear tires that mess up the gear ratio.

Don't get me wrong i love my Daytona's, but they need some work to perform OK, especially without magnets.

Without checking further, but looking at the pic of the chipped GS makes me think the Daytona should be chipable too with simmilar mods.

Comment

• I don't have pics but if you remove the interior and make a tray of styrene, (make a cardboard template and mark and drill where the interior posts are that the existing interior is glued to and you get a nice flush interior tray and lots more room). Then mount the torso of driver, half steering wheel and the dash top and you can get any carrera chip into the daytona. I remotely mounted my led infront of the motor where there is a 1/4 space (between front axle and motor) so the led was further up and installed front and rear lights on my two daytonas for night racing.
                              Chris

Comment

• If it's front motored I'm gonna have to pass. I've done one and didn't like working with the driveshaft at all. I always wanted a Viper too, but I haven't seen any NOT front motored.
                                Thanks,
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X