Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just chipped these 2 cars for a SCI member vdubn tonight. The new Fly's are pretty nice and good runners. The other one is a Scaley also very nice. Hope vdubn likes them, I have 2 more to do for him.
    Al

Comment

• This was my first non Carrera car. I think it runs well out of the box, after some tire trueing. I havent played with it too much.

It is a beautiful model, Pioneer did a good job. I used the 26740 chip, for F1 cars. There wasnt a lot of room in the car even for it. I did have to trim a little on the passenger side floorboard to make room for the capacitor. I'll have to add some pics of it. I would like to get a Fastback so it can have someone to play with . The 67 Camaro on the Pioneer site looks cool too.

Comment

• I have to stop going to Lakota, looks like my weekend is booked and I still have 2 more cars to do for vdubn. So I'm chipping 4 cars and 1 Big Truck. After PM'ing Scootcar and Daniel last night. I'm taking the plunge and Daniel it clears my bridge.
        Al

Comment

• The pioneer cars are great and good runners, can't wait for their '71 Mark Donohue Javelin T/A to come out. Congrats on your first "non" carrera conversion, now you're HOOKED!!!
          Chris

Originally posted by rharrison8 View Post
          This was my first non Carrera car. I think it runs well out of the box, after some tire trueing. I havent played with it too much.

It is a beautiful model, Pioneer did a good job. I used the 26740 chip, for F1 cars. There wasnt a lot of room in the car even for it. I did have to trim a little on the passenger side floorboard to make room for the capacitor. I'll have to add some pics of it. I would like to get a Fastback so it can have someone to play with . The 67 Camaro on the Pioneer site looks cool too.

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
            I have to stop going to Lakota, looks like my weekend is booked and I still have 2 more cars to do for vdubn. So I'm chipping 4 cars and 1 Big Truck. After PM'ing Scootcar and Daniel last night. I'm taking the plunge and Daniel it clears my bridge.
            Al
            Al
            Welcome to big rig country

I love running these trucks – hope you do as well.
            Come on Daniel give it a try.

One minor tuning (besides tyres) tip is to put a stronger spring on the guide, this will help keep em on the track.

Cheers

Comment

• I told the guy to buy one truck for me today.......but he failed . So I ordered another Sideways, the SW11 .

Fantastic truck AL , nice Maroon Color

Daniel

Comment

• Thanks Scoot, I can't wait to chip this and try it. I'll get new rear tires on Monday
                Daniel, Rich said he has more rigs coming in next week. You must get one for your next visit.
                Al
                Last edited by porscheman; 01-13-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Oh here we go again with colour, this truck looks red in the photos Daniel!!

Al should think about getting or making some "box cars?" to pull around with those
                  things, get some great drifting action with the BIG RIG SKID!!! Not my cup of tea
                  but maybe after a couple of cases of beer, some tequila and a few whiffs of liquid
                  plastic I could warm up to them?........NOT!!

Chris

Fantastic truck AL , nice Maroon Color

Daniel
                  [/quote]

Comment

• SCX.....MORGAN AERO 8

Hey Al, here is my last chipping, very easy.

BEFORE

AFTER

LIGHT CONNECTION

ONLY DRILLED HOLE FOR IR SENSOR

A TOUCH OF THE TIRE TRUER "RAZOR" ON THE REAR TIRES AND THE CAR RACE INCREDIBLE WELL

Daniel

PS: AL and Chris.......this is BLACK AND YELLOW......no issues here with colors
                    Last edited by slotcardaniel; 01-13-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Daniel,
                      I see you're not cutting for the switch, great idea!! If your only racing digital, why make more holes What color is that really?
                      Al

Comment

• How about the scalextric historic F1's, like Jim Clark or Dan gurney cars, is there even any room in their for a chip? Anybody have one ? I think they would look cool zipping around the track together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scootcar50 View Post
                          Al
                          Welcome to big rig country

I love running these trucks – hope you do as well.
                          Come on Daniel give it a try.

One minor tuning (besides tyres) tip is to put a stronger spring on the guide, this will help keep em on the track.

Cheers
                          Scoot,
                          This thing is wild to drive! It's going to take a little getting used to. It takes out my ghost cars on all the corners
                          Al

Easy chip and the headlights work

Comment

Very cool! Nice work again Al.

Comment

Scoot,
                              This thing is wild to drive! It's going to take a little getting used to. It takes out my ghost cars on all the corners
                              Al
                              Easy chip and the headlights work
                              Al
                              Good job

I didn’t say easy to drive – I said a whole lotta fun to drive.

Now you have one running just imagine 4 running at the same time – this is how it is when we race the trucks.

Cheers

Comment

• Al your new handle is "big rig" well done, again. Lets see that sucker lite up with at least 8 leds!
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X