This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scootcar50 View Post
    Well itís a wet Sunday morning in Oz so what else can one do but play with Big Rigs.

Video quality not great (done with the iPad) but you get the idea.

CARRERA Digital Big Rig Racing - YouTube

Cheers
    That's a very nice track - very creative. Also, I was wondering if I was done with getting new cars because I'm very happy with my current collection. But the trucks are a whole new world, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
      SPRAGGIH......That is a very beautiful car and you have done a great job !!!!

How it was the handling on the track of the Porsche 917 ?

Daniel
      I run magless for (almost) all my cars. This one is a top performer once I swapped out the standard Grip tires and put on Super Tires silicone tires. It's very smooth and has very good acceleration. I supercharged two Fly 917ks (slot.it parts, addressed slop, silicone tires), and the NSR is still better... BUT the Fly 917ks are close. Very close, some Flys are about .2 seconds behind per lap; one other is a lagger at .4 seconds per lap behind the NSR. I'm sure with more tuning, I get it down to a closer race.

The great news is when I first got the Flys, they would de-slot every lap, were noisy, and had acceleration issues. Now they're competent! But NSRs a somewhat different animal.

Comment

• Taking off the switch off the D132 chip

Hi Guys

This began as an accident and finish as something I was afraid to do, but was forced to do and it is working GREAT !!!

I finished chipping my 2nd NSR, another P68, the red one. I glued the chip on the pod with hot glue and placed the chip on place. The point was that the switch finish immersed in a big drop of got glue. I was testing the car when I decided to move the chip because sometimes was changing lanes and others no. When I took out the chip, the switch, that was glued by accident, fall all apart. To understand what happened I picked an old analog chip and disassemble the switch. It is a simple ON -- ON switch. It has 3 contact pieces, one on the LEFT, a CENTER and one on the RIGHT. The white switch has legs that : when the white switch is on the left (let say digital) the internal legs touch the "left and the center". When the white switch is moved to the right, then the internal legs touch the "center and the right contact".

That is way I wrote ON -- ON (Left center Right) = (Digital -- Analog).

So, to save the life of the chip I solder a bridge between the center and the digital side contact. First I removed the full switch that is solder to the chip by means of 3 legs (left, center, right). Then I just solder a piece of wire joining center to one side contact (digital side).

Sorry, this is too much BLA BLA. Let see if the pictures are clear.

It is a little out of focus, but you can see in the center the big black box, under it the drawing on the chip were the switch need to be placed. On each side of the drawing you can see 3 soldering points (left, center, right). I solder a piece of wire joining the center with the right. In that way I closed the contact and the chip will be for ever digital.

More pictures

On this last picture looks like the upper 3 are all touching, but its not. Only the left with the center.

Daniel

Last edited by slotcardaniel; 01-31-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Nice Job
          I'm going to try this on my next chip later this week. I think Daniel is real need for an
          intervention and I'm right behind. Great idea
          Al

Comment

• I agree this will help eliminate alot of the space issues with the chips, well done Daniel.
            Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
              Nice Job
              Great idea
              Al
              Thank you Chris and Al.

Al, more than idea was something that just happened. You have to see my face when I took the chip out and part of the switch went to the floor and the rest remained glued to the chassis. It was like this .

The first though was "here goes another chip to the trash can" . The second though was "can i replace the missing parts using parts from an old analog switch ?" (the missing part was the white switch that we move from left to right (has it a name ?, I am writing switch hundred of times) and the "cover that keep the white switch on place". That cover remained glued to the hot glue and lost the shape when I took it out from the glue.

The answer to my question "can i replace the missing parts using parts from an old analog switch?" was NO, the switches used in analog chips are bigger. But, when I disassemble the analog chip switch, was when I realized how it was working and understood the meaning of the 3 legs going to the chip board on each side of the switch.

SO.........I just pick up the pliers and cut the legs going from the switch to the chip and solder the bridge and worked

Daniel
              Last edited by slotcardaniel; 01-31-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• OK so lets get rid of those 2 legs on the 26732, make the power off the main chip like the recent vintage F1 scaley chip conversion post and make the left ear with the rear light connector on it a remote board. We should be able to get this chip down to 1/2" wide, flat as a board with working lights??

Gotta wonder why all these mods members come up with don't motivate the carrera guys to just get
                a micro carrera chip done for the nuremburg show! Dave are you listening?
                Chris

Comment

• here, here for a smaller chip!!

Nice job, Daniel!

Comment

• Daniel I have a FUBARed chip let me sacrifice it to see if I can do the work since I have those IR leds now and some time to kill who knows maybe I can save a chip in the process? If not then you will have to break another chip and continue on for the team!!!
                    Chris

Comment

• I just chipped my latest. It's a Slot it F40 kit and it is one of the best handling cars I own to date. It's very fast, but not as fast as my NSR but handling makes it and equal competitor. The interior modifications was easy and the detail is incredible. I will be adding lights as soon as my LED's come in.
                      Al

Comment

• Al that's a very nice car
                        I have always liked the Ferrari F40's I will have to put one of those on my want list.
                        Do you change the guide on slot-its or does it change lanes with the guide it comes with?
                        Randy

Comment

• Randy,
                          Thank you I never change the guides on any of my cars, I never had problem with deslotting. The only one I had to change was on the Fly Big Rig, that thing just liked to go straight
                          Al

Comment

• Were going to have to change the name of this to "Daniel and Al's Corner". (Sorry Al, I didn't know who got top billing) You guys got way to much time on your hands. Everything looks great though.
                            Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                              Were going to have to change the name of this to "Daniel and Al's Corner". (Sorry Al, I didn't know who got top billing) You guys got way to much time on your hands. Everything looks great though.
                              Dave
                              Dave, Dave, Dave,
                              Giving Daniel top billing, there will be no living with him now Thank you for the nice comments on our work.
                              Al and my side kick Daniel

Comment

• I had to beat Daniel to the punch Daniel beat me on the NSR, but I just finished an
                                Avant Peugeot This is an easy chip, no interior modifications. Just drill a hole for the LED and solder it up. The braids are like SCX, with the brass rails. I soldered the the red and black chip wires to the rails and the grey and purple to the motor. This is a very fast car in need of silicone tires just to get it to move forward, unless you like doing hole shots Also it very light in the rearend, so magnets or wieghts are needed. The fit and finish is 2nd to none. As soon as I get some decent tires, I'll let you know how it handles.
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X