This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrumPhil View Post
    So Al, how much interior did you have to cut out of the Silk Jaguar?

I just chipped the new Slot.it Jagermeister 962. Chip placement looks pretty much identical to your photo. Had to cut away the bottom half of the interior, including removing the driver's legs.
    I have No Legs Larry driving a lot of my cars I'm sending you a PM where you can get the interior's, they have all Slot it's and Racer's in stock
    Al

Comment

• I really like that Silk Cut Jaguar. I dove right into Carrera and never really looked at the prices of other cars, I guess I'm spoiled with the prices of Carrera D132 cars. Add in the chip...

Real nice looking car though.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrandy View Post
        Those NSR Ford P68's look awsome on your track Daniel
        Can't wait to see the 917's chipped!
        Great work Daniel

Randy
        RANDY........here goes your request.

CHIPPING A NSR PORSCHE 917

It was not too difficult.

- The analog/digital switch from the chip was removed and solder the contacts to made the chip digital for ever.

- The chip was glued on the pod.

-Interior removed and replaced with a picture and only used the driver's head.

What took me for ever, was to find the correct position for the IR LED, finally, after 1 hour.......YES....1 hour of testing and doing the hole each time a little bigger, I was able to find the correct position. The IR LED has to be in the exact place to read/detect all the LC LED as well as the CU/Fuel LEDs. The issue was that the chip is glued to the pod and the pod has movement, so the IR LED wasn't in a fixed position all the time. Sometime it was detected, others no. I had to find a position where the IR LED can have movement and at the same time be detected. I believe that I glued/unglued that chip more than 30 times

The car race great, but I will have to true the tires. Will do the tire set-up next weekend.

Enjoy the pictures

Digital/analog Switch gone. Soldering the contacts to have it Digital

THE INTERIOR WAS REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH A PICTURE AND THE DRIVER'S HEAD

DANIEL
        Last edited by slotcardaniel; 02-05-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Nice job Daniel are you going to do the lights next?
          Chris

Comment

• RANDY........here goes your request.

CHIPPING A NSR PORSCHE 917

Nice job DANIEL
            I have always liked the 917, I think I will have to get one of these some day.

You and Al are really making this chipping thing look easy. I think you guys are doing a
            good job of exposing many other guys to the art of chipping
            Keep up the good work
            Randy

Comment

• Originally posted by ottawaslotter View Post
              Nice job Daniel are you going to do the lights next?
              Chris
              Chris, on the NSR's I will not do the lights to keep as much as I can of its original value. I hope I can keep these cars for ever, but you never know. So I am trying to do my job with almost no modifications to the car, with the only exception of the IR LED hole. Have you seen the motor wires in the pictures ? I am not cutting them neither, in case I need to take out the chip of the car.

Thanks for the good comments guys.........APPRECIATED

Daniel

Comment

Nice job DANIEL
                I have always liked the 917, I think I will have to get one of these some day.

You and Al are really making this chipping thing look easy. I think you guys are doing a
                good job of exposing many other guys to the art of chipping
                Keep up the good work
                Randy
                Randy,
                Thank you for your compliments, Daniel and I are in a chipping competition to see who can do the most. It's going to be close, but I'm running short on cash and I'm a registered bidder at the Atlantic City Car Auction at the end of this month, so I may be totally broke come March 1st. But I'll have a new Muscle Cars I can't afford to drive
                I like showing people how easy this is and teach them that if I can do it anyone can.
                Thank you,
                Al

Comment

• Listen if you make a mess and then decide to sell them just call me and I'll take them off your hands, you know I like 917 so give me a good price and I'll take them OK?? Now get some lights into those 917 afterall they did alot of endurance races and would look very cool!!!
                  Chris

Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
                  Chris, on the NSR's I will not do the lights to keep as much as I can of its original value. I hope I can keep these cars for ever, but you never know. So I am trying to do my job with almost no modifications to the car, with the only exception of the IR LED hole. Have you seen the motor wires in the pictures ? I am not cutting them neither, in case I need to take out the chip of the car.

Thanks for the good comments guys.........APPRECIATED

Daniel

Comment

• Sideways DP

I was a little hesitant to buy one of these cars, with the higher price and unknown performance of the car. But Al, Chris and Daniel have all given their thumbs up to these cars. So all the was left was for me to get the cash for the car! I actually got a good deal on it off of e-bay.
                    It was easy enough to chip following several of the posts that were already done on this car(thanks guys).
                    I only drilled the LED hole in the chassis and installed lights into the car.
                    As we have all seen this car before I will only post a couple of pics.
                    Thanks Randy

Comment

• Nice job Randy
                      Don't you love the performance of these cars?
                      I like the lights too
                      Al

Comment

• Thanks Al
                        Don't you love the performance of these cars?
                        Well it is a great running and handling car, but I did have a big problem with it. After putting close to 100 laps on it and hearing it make a ticking noise every time it passed by my chicane for my pit entrance when running in the inside lane. It suddening came to a fast stop and bounced back and out of the slot .
                        Some how it hit the flipper just right and banged right into it pulling the front of it right out of the
                        track and breaking the plastic back where the flipper pivots.
                        Randy

Comment

• Well it is a great running and handling car, but I did have a big problem with it. After putting close to 100 laps on it and hearing it make a ticking noise every time it passed by my chicane for my pit entrance when running in the inside lane. It suddening came to a fast stop and bounced back and out of the slot .
                          Some how it hit the flipper just right and banged right into it pulling the front of it right out of the
                          Randy

Randy,
                          Is the track repairable or do you need anything for the car? I going to my dealer today and if you need a part for your car, I can pick it up and send it to you. Shoot me a email [email protected]
                          Al

Comment

Thanks Al

Well it is a great running and handling car, but I did have a big problem with it. After putting close to 100 laps on it and hearing it make a ticking noise every time it passed by my chicane for my pit entrance when running in the inside lane. It suddening came to a fast stop and bounced back and out of the slot .
                            Randy
                            The LED needs to be as close to the guide as possible to avoid this happening. Most people never have any trouble, but if you chip enough cars and run on enough tracks, it will happen to you.

Comment

• Thanks Al, but the car was not damaged. So i won't need anything for it yet.
                              The track looked like it was fixable, so right after it happened I tore it out and took it apart.
                              Glued up the broken part and built up around it it re-enforce it. Later today I will file down and smooth it out. Then reassemble it.

Bruce I think my LED is placed ok, I wasn't changing lanes, just passing straight thru the chicane.
                              But I am wondering if it is a combination of things.
                              One thing would be the guide, its a little shorter and very thin compared to a Carrera guide. I know you have mentioned in the past that you used the slot-it guide for wood. Maybe I need to get one?
                              The other thing would be where I have this LC/chicane located on my track. It is after a 180 degree #4 curve that cars can hit the straight away with good speed. I have noticed other cars making a ticking noise when passing thru there. This happens usually when a car is sliding. The LC has a full straight between it and the curve, but this may not be enough. I might have to make a change in the layout there.
                              Thanks Randy

Comment

• Oops. I assumed you were changing lanes. That LED does look to be far enough forward. I use the slot.it wood track guide on most of my non-Carrera cars- but that's to make sure the guide closes the gate when changing lanes.

I think you are right when you say it's a combination of things. The speed of that section of track, the design of that particular car, the grip level it's achieving, and the thinner, shallower guide are all combining in a perfect storm.
                                Last edited by b.yingling; 02-08-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X