• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer944
    replied
    Chip for Carrera RS Spyder?

Hi Guys;

I am trying to chip the Carrera Porsche RS Spyder (and older Audi R8). It is digital ready, but it apparently takes a different chip (26733) which appears to no longer be available. Anyone know if the 26732 might fit? It appears that this car has the LED in a slightly different spot than most of the others...

Thanks for any advice/Info.

Cheers;
    Eric

Leave a comment:

• Ex Inferis
    replied
    My contribution... Ford Falcon Interceptor - Mad Max 1 =^_^= The dark One :P

If you can observe, I added a magnet bar in front of the car, and I let stronger the magnets behind the Interceptor. I did not like the quality of Scalextric. I found it much less than Carrera. Very light, very fragile material, and horrible guide! small and fragile. It took a lot of work to make this Interceptor run gracefully on the track against the Dodge Charger.

do not try to beat MAX !!! my cameraman died after that attempt. May Odin receive him in Valhalla... shiny & chrome.

[YOUTUBE]BoErF8p-9jI&t[/YOUTUBE]

Hope you like it.

Leave a comment:

• CincySlots
    replied
    Thanks Randy. That looks doable.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• rtrandy
    replied
    Bruce,
    I chipped a Cougar when they first came out, but didn't take pictures in progress.
    So here are some pics of the finished car. I used the newer smaller #26732 chip, so it fits right over the DPR door. With just the back ends of the chip and the capacitor sticking past the door opening. So you will have to do some trimming on the interior for clearance.
    I did a lot of work to this car which isn’t needed just to chip it. I cut the whole interior down for clearance, because I lowered the front of the car down. Cut the front valance off the chassis and glued it to the body and trimmed a little off the sides of the chassis for some body float. But none of these are needed to put a chip in it.

Randy
    Couple more pics in Gallery http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...p?albumid=4200

Last edited by rtrandy; 12-02-2017, 02:09 PM. Reason: Added Pics

Leave a comment:

• CincySlots
    replied
    Since there are now 51+ pages to go through, has anyone converted a Scalextric L88 or the Mercury Cougar? Can you send or post photos please?

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• boots
    replied
    Great idea with the carpet tape , sometimes hot glue gets a bit messy. I was thinking the same thing with placing the led over that slot, I'll have to give it a try, I just didn't try it because I was eager to get it going and it was the safest bet that it would work while not having to drill the chassis.

Leave a comment:

• 32lbKING
    replied
    Looking at the 2nd pic[in post #1183] I would almost bet that you could just set the chip behind the axle and have the led over the slot in the axle bracket [where it slides to adjust the wheelbase].

Another good way of attaching chips so that they are removable is double sided carpet tape. It is very strong and still removable.
    Randy

Leave a comment:

• 32lbKING
    replied
    Originally posted by boots View Post
    I really did not want to drill into the chassis so I just hot glued the led near the guide. By the way just wondering how far back can the sensor be mounted for it to function properly?
    I have about 40 [give or take a couple] D/124 cars, and the longer wheelbase cars [hotrods, C7 Corvettes, Mercedes gt3's etc.] have the led 1 7/8" from the FRONT EDGE of the guide blade and 1/2" from centerline of the car.
    The shorter wheelbase cars [Porsche 917, GT40, Cheetah] are a little less than that.
    So I would say 1 7/8". But since you have that one remote mounted and hot glued, you could try it in different spots and see.
    I for one, would be interested to know how far away they will operate.
    I can't remember which car it was, but I chipped a car a few years ago and was quite surprised how high off the track the led worked. It seems like it was about 1/8"or more above the chassis. I think it may have been an AMT 1/24th chassis released a few years ago[the one everyone except me hates]
    Randy
    Last edited by 32lbKING; 01-14-2018, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boots
    replied
    Scaleauto Carrera chip

Pics

Leave a comment:

• boots
    replied
    Scaleauto Carrera chip

So I just installed a chip in my 1/24th scaleauto sls. While I was removing the ir emitter I damaged it, I found some with the same specs on auction site and purchased a few. The only problem is it's a 5mm led instead of 3mm, any ways it works great . I really did not want to drill into the chassis so I just hot glued the led near the guide. By the way just wondering how far back can the sensor be mounted for it to function properly?
    Last edited by boots; 11-14-2017, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AGrandy
    replied
    Any installs out there with the mini decoder that is available from Germany?

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
    Yea, the F1 chips are known to be the most fragile of all Carrera chips. Even if you can't fit the 1/24, one of the 'other' D132 chips may still work better. Although there do seem to be reports of the new, smaller 26732 not being as robust as the older version with the longer legs.
    Definitely not as robust

Leave a comment:

• b.yingling
    replied
    Yea, the F1 chips are known to be the most fragile of all Carrera chips. Even if you can't fit the 1/24, one of the 'other' D132 chips may still work better. Although there do seem to be reports of the new, smaller 26732 not being as robust as the older version with the longer legs.
    Last edited by b.yingling; 07-05-2017, 06:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• edmagner
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomad2Race View Post
    The F1 Chips do appear to have smaller Mosfets. I though perhaps this was related to having no lights. I only did the one test because I Expected failure in a high amp car. The Mosfits on the 1/24 chips are much larger. I will test those soon.

Here's a whole thread on 26740 mosfets vaporizing - i would definitely go with the D124 chip if you have space for it

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=74784

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Nomad2Race
    replied
    The F1 Chips do appear to have smaller Mosfets. I though perhaps this was related to having no lights. I only did the one test because I Expected failure in a high amp car. The Mosfits on the 1/24 chips are much larger. I will test those soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X