X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
    Very nice looking car.

You painted the windows black? Who makes this car?

Nice job

Daniel
    thanks daniel!

Scalextric makes this lambo... its so smooth and fast and price is undeniable! the windows come black because there is no inside seat or driver. PLENTY of space .....

easy chip

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny25 View Post
      thanks daniel!

Scalextric makes this lambo... its so smooth and fast and price is undeniable! the windows come black because there is no inside seat or driver. PLENTY of space .....

easy chip
      Catalog # ?

Cheers
      Daniel

Comment

• Scalextric Lamborghini Gallardo GT C3006

Comment

• A little bit of a Hybrid Corvette

I thought I would try something a little different. I took the Carrera #3 Corvette with original chassis and change it to a Slot it universal chassis and then chipped it with a 732 chip. This conversion has doubled the speed and handling to that of a Slot it. The chassis comes in side or angle winder configuation and is fully adjustable in width and lenth. This chassis will fit any 1:32 body with the exception of F1. Very flexible and yes the lights work
          Al

Last edited by porscheman; 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Wow Al
            Nice conversion.

You guys always come in to late for me as I just sold of a couple of old pro-X cars.
            They looked great but handled like a damp sponge.

Well done something to think of as I am trolling the net for cheap cars

Cheers

Comment

• Nice job Al!

I have two older D132 Vettes. I thought about buying a couple of the new Vettes and swapping the bodies. Probably better to do it your way though...

Comment

• Very Nice AL !!!

You glued the body to those lateral supports ? or there is a screw ?

And......BTW........What happened with the driver legs ?????

Nice job, I like it a lot . Now that I see the chassis assembled I will have it also present for future jobs.

I have been silent on this thread because I do not have anything to post. I have many cars waiting and I have the chips too. But I decided that the small free time I am having now will be dedicated to a project that I am always postponing ..............adding lights to the track.

Cheers
                Daniel

Comment

• That Is a heckuva job al!!! Truly thinking outside the box. Love the idea!

Comment

• Nice job Al

Comment

• Originally posted by slotcardaniel View Post
                      Very Nice AL !!!

You glued the body to those lateral supports ? or there is a screw ?

And......BTW........What happened with the driver legs ?????

Nice job, I like it a lot . Now that I see the chassis assembled I will have it also present for future jobs.

I have been silent on this thread because I do not have anything to post. I have many cars waiting and I have the chips too. But I decided that the small free time I am having now will be dedicated to a project that I am always postponing ..............adding lights to the track.

Cheers
                      Daniel
                      Thanks guys for the nice comments, I've been looking for another chassis for the upcoming Revell 1:32 American Muscle kits. There are many adjustment parts that come with these, the possibilities are endless.
                      Daniel,
                      You can either glue it as I've done or Rich has adapters plates that you glue to the body and the chassis snaps into place for easy removal. And no drivers were injured in building this car, their 2 legs are still there.
                      Al
                      Last edited by porscheman; 03-01-2012, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Nice Job Al, I found a cheaper approach thanks to Daniel, Burtonbr and purchases from a few other members. This was eboats idea but I couldn't leave it alone and had to take it alittle further.I love the older carrera cars but lets face it they have come along way since the older cars so I took eboats idea to swap chassis on some old carrera classics to modern nascar COT chassis. Both cars were slammed, the cuda was wider and I kept the nascar wheels but the camaro I had to swap the wheels for SCC CBD insert wheels and new axles. Both cars are lighted as these are street cars not trans am racers and they handle great and are fast!! Being digital nascar I won't bother with showing the chips, that was the easy part!!

Comment

• Mercedes Sauber C9

Latest Slot.it chipped last night to run on Prairie Winds Raceway. Installing the chip was standard - Slot.its are pretty easy. The annoying part is having to cut off the bottom half of the interior and the driver's legs.

Already had urethane tires to fit, as they are the same size as previous Porsche 962 tires. All I need to do now is remove the magnet and add a little weight.

My wife took one look at the beautiul blue livery and fell in love with it. She said, "I'll drive that one."

Tip: to buy more cars without getting in trouble, buy your wife's favorite color.

Keep it in the groove,
                          Phil

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumPhil View Post
                            Latest Slot.it chipped last night to run on Prairie Winds Raceway. Installing the chip was standard - Slot.its are pretty easy. The annoying part is having to cut off the bottom half of the interior and the driver's legs.

Already had urethane tires to fit, as they are the same size as previous Porsche 962 tires. All I need to do now is remove the magnet and add a little weight.

My wife took one look at the beautiul blue livery and fell in love with it. She said, "I'll drive that one."

Tip: to buy more cars without getting in trouble, buy your wife's favorite color.

Keep it in the groove,
                            Phil

Oh man, ive been eyeing that specific car ...Skeptical because i have loved the last two scalextrics i have done and was trying to target more of the DBR9s line they carry. But after seeing this on your track, reassures me that i love the look of that car.

Is there room in the interior for lights, phil?

thanks

Comment

• Lights are tight fit in the front as you have to route the led wires away from the wheelwell so the tires don't rub and keep them away from the guide so they don't bind when the guide rotates but testing the way you route the wires before you hot glue them in place solves that problem, keep the wires tight against the body helps,rears are easy job.
                              Chris

Originally posted by vinny25 View Post

Oh man, ive been eyeing that specific car ...Skeptical because i have loved the last two scalextrics i have done and was trying to target more of the DBR9s line they carry. But after seeing this on your track, reassures me that i love the look of that car.

Is there room in the interior for lights, phil?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumPhil View Post

Keep it in the groove,
                                Phil
                                Wow Phil, your car looks much better than mine! The blue is all shiny and nice looking. I'll have to see if mine is just dirty or something. It's a very nice car-- I did not know how to keep the spoiler on or that it would break off with the slightest guardrail hit. So, I had to super-glue and a little hot glue it back on after it broke off.

I'm not sure about lights on this one but I did add lights to the Slot.it Toyota 88c (which interesting enough is my fastest Slot.it 956/962-- it's very light)-- and there was space in that one. Have not yet tried the Blue Sauber.

Comment

Working...
                                X