This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeffreyh513 View Post
    Nice job on the cars Al...I have both the gold and the black coming next week. I'm in the middle of doing scenery right now so I can't race but...I have 12 (26732) chips and 8 cars to chip. Need to get some more muscle cars, I like the Pioneers but find find myself going back to the Carrera Evolution muscle cars. How about the Revell/Monogram 1967 Ford Fairlanes? Not sure if I saw anyone do that car. Any suggestions?

Jeff
    Jeff,
    I've chipped the Revell Fairlane. Nice looking slot car, great detail, bad runner. Needs a lot of work, mine's on the back of a flatbed truck (shown in the background of the Mustang pictures), performs well there. You may want to try the Slot it universal chassis under the Revell's, then you'll have a great running car. Just a suggestion.
    Al
    Last edited by porscheman; 03-15-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• On the Pioneer Mustangs, I did a notch back and used the F1 chip 26740. I think it is slightly smaller than some of the other chips, and it doesnt have the wiring for the lights. Assuming you dont want lights. The barrel is on the passenger side and moved forward compared to 26732. It reduced the amount of floorboard trimming. See post 343.

Comment

• A few converts

I've converted a few: Scaley Mazzie MC12, Monogram SnapTite Audi TT model kit, Monogram Daytona Cobra GT, Slot-it Audi R8C. Whever possible, I'm using the F1 decoder board. My track is a hybrid D132/ProX set-up, so I can run both boards so long as the D132 boards were the interim versions made in 2008 or earlier.

--

Daytona Cobra Biggest challenge was space.

Monogram Audi TT SnapTite model

Monogram Audi TT SnapTite model Interior/chassis from Dodge Charger

Scaley Mazzie MC12 Loads of space, had to cut driver's legs off to fit the board.

Slot-it Audi R8C Loads of space, but fitting board without modifying cockpit was tricky...
        I'm adding LED headlights/taillights as soon as resistors show-up later this week.

New project isn't exactly a conversion, but I'm modifying a stock Carrera Porsche 911 Turbo into a 911 GT3 RS "Flying Lizard".
        Last edited by F1Guy; 03-15-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• F1GUY.....great job done there.

I like the Monogram Daytona Cobra. I have never tried in the track a monogram. I willok for that car. Has it a rear motor?

Daniel

Comment

• Very nice F1 Guy, I'm also curious of the motor placement on the Cobra
            Al

Comment

• Curious also, isnt this front motored? How bout a pic inside?
              Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by dw5555 View Post

Curious also, isnt this front motored? How bout a pic inside?
                Dave
                Dave........I found on internet a review and it is front motored with not too much space. I am also curious to see a picture !!!!!

Comment

• Front motored and I had to remove and make a tray interior on my pair, very tight especially with lights added!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ottawaslotter View Post
                    Front motored and I had to remove and make a tray interior on my pair, very tight especially with lights added!!!
                    I sent a PM to F1Guy asking if he could post a picture. Same request to you Chris.

Thanks
                    Daniel

Comment

• I would if I had a camera but it was destroyed when my oldest somehow managed to
                      get it off the top of the book shelf, when she couldn't figure out how to turn it on she lended it to the 1.5 yr old and now it will never turn on! Just bought a new laptop for my wife and I so the camera will be awhile before it's replaced.
                      Chris

Comment

• Here is a pic of the bare chassis of the Monogram Daytona Cobra. It has a little less room between the motor and the axle, than the Monogram Vette. I didn't get it chipped yet, got side tracked on different projects.
                        Randy

Comment

• Wow, no thanks. Hey Randy, since you have tens of thousands of cars, and do alot of chassis swapping, have you ever tried remounting a front motor to the rear? I've seen motors hot glued in before but never repositioned.
                          Dave

Comment

• I bet I had this car a month or 2 before I put it on the track and was happily suprised at how it ran and that it had front and rear lights. Decided to chip it today, I splt the copper for the lights so I could wire them seperatly to have brake lights. nothing that we haven't seen before though really, nice not to have to cut down the interior on these.
                            really cool car though.

Comment

• Wow, no thanks. Hey Randy, since you have tens of thousands of cars, and do alot of chassis swapping, have you ever tried remounting a front motor to the rear? I've seen motors hot glued in before but never repositioned.
                              Dave
                              Dave don't say that to loud, my wife might hear
                              Seriously though Dave I have not yet reloacted a motor in one of these front motored cars. This cobra is a tight fit, but I think a chip can fit in there somewhere.
                              Randy

Comment

• Burtonbr, nice job
                                I chipped one of the earlier SCX Cuda's but sadly don't run it too much. I don't have any cars that run similarly to it. So I am glad you posted this car, I have seen it, but didn't buy one. Now that I see it has lights, I may have to get one.
                                Thanks again for sharing with us.
                                Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X