Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice Daniel I like the relocation of the IR, I'll try it when I get one of those magnifiers like you have. My eyes aren't what they use to be.
    Is it fast?
    Al

Comment

• Nice Racer AL !!! and a good chipping work too.

That color......is maroon or red ?

Daniel

Comment

• Since you are an American Citizen now, I can tell you. It's Red!
        Al

Comment

• Originally posted by porscheman View Post
          Very nice Daniel I like the relocation of the IR, I'll try it when I get one of those magnifiers like you have. My eyes aren't what they use to be.
          Is it fast?
          Al
          It is pretty fast you can appreciate it in the D143 track.

In my D132 track, there are some places where the magnet stop him a little. The car has the magnet almost touching the track. Looks like my track isn't perfectly flat in some sectors. I need tires a little bit higher for the D132 track.

I told you that you need one of this one:

Cheers
          Daniel

Comment

• Electricdreams (a sponsor) sells Racer decals. Also Lakota Collectibles sells decals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spraggih View Post
              Electricdreams (a sponsor) sells Racer decals. Also Lakota Collectibles sells decals.
              Thanks,
              I bought the car from Rich today, I guess I should of asked when i there.
              Al

Comment

• I have two sets of LM 250 ferrari decals AL. I can send a set back with the focus when she's all done?? Nice job with the chipping and lights, the racers are nicely detailed and the paint is beautifully done. Let me know if you want a set of decals and can wait for me to send back with your focus. I am getting another camera this weekend I will take a picture of the two sets and you can take your pick as I'm not bothered which I keep.
                Chris

Originally posted by porscheman View Post
                I thought about it and my latest is not a NSR, I can't afford any more track. So I tried a Racer Ferrari 250 LM Kit with a 29,000 rpm motor
                These kits are very well done and come with all Slot it high performance parts. The paint finish is incredible and assembly is easy even though there aren't any instruction included. The Racer kit comes with a flat interior insert, so chipping this one was a breeze. This is a nice car to chip and also to build. I highly recommend these, but they are expensive.
                Does anyone know where I can get decals?
                Al

Comment

• Daniel nice job with the dslot! Not alot of room to work with, you almost need a trailer like Als on that 917 to carry the chip!!!! You have more patience than me to work on those 1/43 I'm all thumbs and like Al I need one of those magnifiers but I'm spending too much on track right now.
                  Chris

Comment

• Chris Here is what you requested: Added lights to the Dslot43

Enjoys guys

Daniel

Comment

• What no brake lights
                      Nice job.
                      Al

Comment

• Yep beat me to it Al, Daniel want some mini leds for those rear brakes lights? Just did a 917K NSR with them and they should fit a 1/43, perfect size for those small rear brake lights on the porsche, ferrari and lola's and might make up for those connectors you and I bought !!!!
                        Chris

Comment

• Daniel, you do like your hot glue..
                          Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by dw5555 View Post

Daniel, you do like your hot glue..
                            Dave
                            That's not all hot glue! Daniel gets a little over exicited when it comes to slot cars.

Comment

• Ewww that gives the term term "chipping" a car a whole new meaning!!

Chris

[quote=Sabata;625431]That's not all hot glue! Daniel gets a little over exicited when it comes to slot cars.

Comment

• HO men....... !!!

This answer is for Dave and not for Chris, Mike or AL .

Dave, there is a clear case that covers the motor. That gives you the illusion in the picture that there is a lot of hot glue around the motor.

I used HOT GLUE (and nothing else ) instead of liquid tape to isolate the wires for 2 reasons:

a) I was lazy to pick up the liquid tape flask and clean the paintbrush after using it.

b) I normally use shrink tubes, but the section where the shrink tube is applied lose elasticity. The car is VERY small (see pictures, all the space is used by the motor). I tried to use a connector, and was not fitting well.

SO>>>MY DEAR FRIENDS.....I finish soldering all the wires (no connectors), and just adding a little of hot glue around the soldering. That solved all my problems and was faster than using the liquid tape

Cheers guys
                                Daniel

Last edited by slotcardaniel; 04-08-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X